BCR2000 + Ableton. Bi-directional?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
iamMANOLIS

BCR2000 + Ableton. Bi-directional?

Post by iamMANOLIS » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:27 pm

Hello,

I've successfully mapped my BCR2000 with Live 9.6.2 (not as a control surface) and I can control VSTs without problems. The midi cc messages from bcr also get recorded in Live and I can see and edit those cc's.

But... Ableton does not send any data to the BCR's LEDs (about the VST's knob position). I was using Reason with BCR and I know that BCR is capable of this. I have Remote and Track enable on both Midi inputs and Outputs ports but it doesn't make any difference.

I don't want any other features like controlling track volume or panning or sends from my BCR just controlling VST instruments.

Thank you in advance for your help.

solger

Re: BCR2000 + Ableton. Bi-directional?

Post by solger » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:37 pm

iamMANOLIS wrote:But... Ableton does not send any data to the BCR's LEDs (about the VST's knob position)...

... I have Remote and Track enable on both Midi inputs and Outputs ports but it doesn't make any difference.
Enabling just Remote for both input/output should be enough in this case: https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... explained/

Just to clarify: the BCR-leds are working when you turn the BCR-knobs (to rule out that the leds are set to OFF), right?

Do you have more than one BCR input/output-port or -entry under the MIDI ports in the preferences (depends on which U-mode the BCR is running on when connected via USB)?
If that's the case make sure you're enabling the right BCR-port.

Otherwise:

(o) Can you post an example which (VST) plugins you are using?
(o) And how exactly did you map the BCR knobs to the plugin (via the MIDI mapping window)?