Recording straight to audio with Push?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smutek

Recording straight to audio with Push?

Post by smutek » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:02 am

I picked up a gen 1 Push from eBay and I'm digging it. I just recorded a jam but the end result didn't quite go the way I expected it to.

I've got 8 tracks loaded with various stuff, there's three Reaktor synths being sequenced by 2 Spiral sequencers, one Reaktor groove box, and an audio track with a M4L Buffer Shuffler. 3 sends, Reverb, Ping Pong, and on the third send I have Behr's ResoDub (wow, that's a fun one!).

So I'm playing with this set and having a blast, and I wanted to just record what I was doing straight to audio. I figured I'd just set up an audio track feed it the master, record straight to that, then when I was finished I'd just export that track. That didn't work because I'd start the track recording but as soon as I switched tracks on my Push the audio track stops recording and starts playing back.

Then I figured I'd just jam and record straight into arrangement, thinking that all of the automation would get recorded, then I could just play it back, record the playback to an audio track and that would be that. Wrong there as well, with the exception of track volume on one track, none of my automation was captured.

I've been using Ableton forever and I feel like I have to be missing something super obvious. I'm just looking to play live and record the results straight to audio. I'm ready to try again and just run out of my sound card straight into my Tascam recorder.

What am I doing wrong? :?

smutek

Re: Recording straight to audio with Push?

Post by smutek » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:14 am

Ahh, yes, right. The automation button. :x