Guitarists using Ableton... a quesiton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
charvel-floyd

Re: Guitarists using Ableton... a quesiton

Post by charvel-floyd » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:17 pm

sonik777 wrote: Is there really no dedicated Ableton foot controller out there? You would think by now there would be....
I'd purchase that mighty, mighty fast.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:12 pm

sonik777 wrote:
Interesting. What about power? On sweetwater it says the unit is powered by the RJ-45 jack. Can it be powered by usb as well? And does the exp pedal have a foot/toe-switch also?

Is there really no dedicated Ableton foot controller out there? You would think by now there would be....

Weird, not sure why it says that, it's 100% bus powered. Maybe if you run it with a Line 6 amp & no computer, you can power it via the RJ45? But yeah, works totally fine just powered via USB.

The Expression pedal does have a toe switch, and an LED indicator to tell you which parameter you're currently controlling. I use one for Wah & one for a variable speed tremolo effect.

I also confirmed it works fine with Looper this weekend, you just have to set the switch you want to use to 'momentary' instead of 'toggle'.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:I had a 1010 years ago, pales in comparison to this IMO:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... oCNSvw_wcB

I'm always shocked more people don't use the Line 6 boards, they work fine as a generic midi controller.
How noisy are those pedals (i.e. "click-clacking")?
Unsound Designer

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:44 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Matt_Quinn wrote:I had a 1010 years ago, pales in comparison to this IMO:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... oCNSvw_wcB

I'm always shocked more people don't use the Line 6 boards, they work fine as a generic midi controller.
How noisy are those pedals (i.e. "click-clacking")?

There's a pretty solid click when turning on, for sure. Not sure how to quantify it exactly, but I can't hear them when I have my Sony 7506s on at even low volume, or medium volume monitors. If you were recording an acoustic guitar in the same room, might have an issue, but if you mic'd an amp right next to it, I doubt you'd hear it.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:There's a pretty solid click when turning on, for sure. Not sure how to quantify it exactly, but I can't hear them when I have my Sony 7506s on at even low volume, or medium volume monitors. If you were recording an acoustic guitar in the same room, might have an issue, but if you mic'd an amp right next to it, I doubt you'd hear it.
Good to know, thanks.
Unsound Designer