Sampler recording question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
theinfinate

Sampler recording question

Post by theinfinate » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:46 am

Ive spent a couple of hours trying to figure this one out but I'm stuck so i was wondering if anyone has a way of achieving this....
I basically want to record audio samples directly into pads on the push, like recording a clip and slicing to a midi track but this takes a while and i'm performing live so its too tricky to do this on the fly. If only drum rack or impulse could record samples, that would be perfect.

Has anyone used or seen any m4l devices or vst's that do this?

yur2die4

Re: Sampler recording question

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:20 am

If you have Granulator II, it does that but I think there are probably more efficient ways to do it since it was released. You could maybe ask people in the max section of the forum. ...well, what it did was take the last 'such and such amount of time' and used it. Granulator II did not necessarily 'begin record' at a precise moment and then have the sample triggerable, it retrieved and loaded the last so many seconds of buffer after you tapped a button.

Otherwise, Maschine is reeeeally good at doing what you are asking.

theinfinate

Re: Sampler recording question

Post by theinfinate » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:32 am

Wow that granular 2 device looks cool, not really what I'm after but I'm definitely gonna have a play with that. I do have Maschine software only but it doesn't seem to be able to configure well with the push