UVI integration

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bigmuz7

UVI integration

Post by bigmuz7 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Live 9 beta x Win10 .... Dont know where I'm going wrong here. Have tried various forms of amalgamation of live with a UVI FM tines pack I like, but Live wants to posess the Asio driver and if UVI is forced to use something else it lags and is unplayable routed in as an audio track, but shouldnt live see it as a plug in ?

If UVI has the Asio driver it sounds great with no lag at all

yur2die4

Re: UVI integration

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Are you running uvi standalone instead of as a vst inside Live?

Razz CE

Post by Razz CE » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:03 am

yur2die4 wrote:Are you running uvi standalone instead of as a vst inside Live?
I'm pretty sure this is his problem

@ OP you need to direct Live to look for the folder in which you have installed the plugin version of UVI Workstation (via Preferences > File and Folder). Then open UVI Workstation from Live's "Plugins" folder in the browser.
Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 9 3900XT
UAD Apollo/ART Voice Channel
Ableton Live 10/Cubase 10.5
Push 2/Moog Subsequent 37

bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:47 am

Thanx guys ... I assumed when I installed the standalone that it would have installed all component parts, and it did ... but for some reason it installed the vst dll into a dormant cubase essential vst folder instead, so live didnt pick it up, however I found it and all is working now .. cheers folks 8)

AAdel

Post by AAdel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:08 am

Razz CE wrote:
yur2die4 wrote:Are you running uvi standalone instead of as a vst inside Live?
I'm pretty sure this is his problem

@ OP you need to direct Live to look for the folder in which you have installed the plugin version of UVI Workstation (via Preferences > File and Folder). Then open UVI Workstation from Live's "Plugins" folder in the browser.
Yeah, this is the way to go.
bigmuz7 wrote:Thanx guys ... I assumed when I installed the standalone that it would have installed all component parts, and it did ... but for some reason it installed the vst dll into a dormant cubase essential vst folder instead, so live didnt pick it up, however I found it and all is working now .. cheers folks 8)
Good for you
Adel Al Agha ???? ?? ???
Singer, Music Producer & Trainer
https://radionama.com

Razz CE

Post by Razz CE » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:56 am

bigmuz7 wrote:Thanx guys ... I assumed when I installed the standalone that it would have installed all component parts, and it did ... but for some reason it installed the vst dll into a dormant cubase essential vst folder instead, so live didnt pick it up, however I found it and all is working now .. cheers folks 8)
Yeah they'll do that. You have to stay on top of those tricky installers, lol. Especially the ones that don't give you the option to choose the destination, those are the worst.
Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 9 3900XT
UAD Apollo/ART Voice Channel
Ableton Live 10/Cubase 10.5
Push 2/Moog Subsequent 37

Pipiros65

Post by Pipiros65 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Soy un novato en el uso de vst y plug-ins. La verdad es que a mi me aparece la carpeta de UVIWorkstation, pero no puedo acceder al programa y creo haberlo direccionado bien. Si alguien puede ayudarme, se lo voy a agradecer.