Need help to set up all my stuff

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Greeky

Need help to set up all my stuff

Post by Greeky » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi ! I'm starting to perform live sets with Ableton live, i'm controlling Ableton with a Novation Launchkey MINI by MIDI USB, i've also sync a KORG VOLCA SAMPLE with ableton like this I can play clips from ableton with the launchkey and also externally with the Korg Volca witch is SYNC.

So now my problem is that the sound are getting out in a separated way, the sound of Ableton clips goes out of my computer and the Sound of the KORG VOLCA SAMPLE comes out from it self, it's absolutely normal, I'm thinking of a way of linking the 2 sounds but I don't now what to use ?

What can I use to link and the Korg and my Computers sounds together and make them go out of my speakers ?

https://www.thomann.de/fr/behringer_mic ... 0e06d093b8

Would this product be a good idea for the Use i need of it ? I was thinking Of: - Input 1 (computer)
- Input 2 (Korg)
- Output (My speakers)

WOULD THIS BE OK ?? Thanks for your answers and sorry for my bad english and my bad level in technologies ^^

alpertt

Re: Need help to set up all my stuff

Post by alpertt » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:46 pm

I'd connect Korg to one Ableton channel.
This way you can apply Abletons effects to Korg and use internal mixer.

zeropoint

Post by zeropoint » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:55 pm

As above .....have you already got an audio interface or soundcard with inputs ? Another advantage of feeding the Volca into Ableton is that you can sample / record it.
MacBook Pro M1, 16GB Ram, 1TB.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:06 am

use the inputs of your audiointerface and select in a live-audiochannel audio from.

for that u have to configure audio-inputs in lives preferences

http://abletonlife.com/setting-up-audio ... leton-live

Greeky

Post by Greeky » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:18 pm

Yes, I know all this but my computer only has a AUDIO OUTPUT, so I can't plug and my VOLCA and my Speakers in it.

So what is the best to connect everything together ? A Soundcard or a Mix TabLe ? If you can give me some links of products not very expensive it would be cool, thanks !

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:43 pm

Greeky wrote:Yes, I know all this but my computer only has a AUDIO OUTPUT, so I can't plug and my VOLCA and my Speakers in it.

So what is the best to connect everything together ? A Soundcard or a Mix TabLe ? If you can give me some links of products not very expensive it would be cool, thanks !
I'd go with a soundcard/interface mate. Check out Focusrite - the Scarlett series are a bargain, and work great. Something like a 2i4 should work perfectly for you :)

Greeky

Post by Greeky » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Thanks for your help mate you really helped me let's rock n roll now !!

Greeky

Post by Greeky » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:18 pm

Excuse me to re actualise this topic, i know the Scarlett 2i4 is good for what I have to do but I can see on some websites the SCARLETT 6i6 is the same price but is better ? Would it be also good for my use of it ?

And like this maybe later I won't have to sell the 2i4 to have new functions that i Have on the 6i6 ; Thanks for a speed answer please !!!!

Jbvdb

Post by Jbvdb » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:39 am

Get the one with the most ins and outs now, like you said so you don't have to upgrade later

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:25 am

if you are going the Scarlett route, Focusrite recently a new second generation version of those interfaces. so bear that in mind when looking around...