Bounce clip to move on

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Carpet Cleaner

Bounce clip to move on

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:36 am

Hi,

Ok let's say I have few clips in an audio or midi track. One of those clips is interesting. I want to isolate it, put some EQ/effects on it (maybe automation), and make a new clip from the result, so I can easily move on, and reuse it knowing it sounds good.

What would be the easier and fastest way to do this.

From my knowledge :

-Resample : it is ok, but it resamples all the master channel, so I cannot bounce the clip by itself if I play along other tracks.
-Create a new audio track, reroute everything ... it's complicated and boring !
- ?? I know in logic you have something going on : bounce, and it's done. What about in Live?

Cheers.

jlgrimes

Re: Bounce clip to move on

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:25 am

The Carpet Cleaner wrote:Hi,

Ok let's say I have few clips in an audio or midi track. One of those clips is interesting. I want to isolate it, put some EQ/effects on it (maybe automation), and make a new clip from the result, so I can easily move on, and reuse it knowing it sounds good.

From my knowledge :

-Resample : it is ok, but it resamples all the master channel, so I cannot bounce the clip by itself if I play along other tracks.
- ?? I know in logic you have something going on : bounce, and it's done. What about in Live?

Cheers.

The closest thing in Ableton would be freeze which is not quite the same. After you freeze the track you can drag it to a new audio track and select the range of the clip you like.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:30 am

jlgrimes wrote:
The Carpet Cleaner wrote:Hi,

From my knowledge :

Cheers.

The closest thing in Ableton would be freeze which is not quite the same. After you freeze the track you can drag it to a new audio track and select the range of the clip you like.
Thanks for you answer.
However I am looking for a solution to use while composing with Push 2. Going back to the computer is rather a workflow killer.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:55 pm

The Carpet Cleaner wrote: Thanks for you answer.
However I am looking for a solution to use while composing with Push 2. Going back to the computer is rather a workflow killer.
So why aren't you posting to the Push forum if you had that limitation? There exists already a discussion there; Freeze midi and move to audio track .
Make some music!

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
The Carpet Cleaner wrote: Thanks for you answer.
So why aren't you posting to the Push forum if you had that limitation? There exists already a discussion there; Freeze midi and move to audio track .
Perfect thanks a lot. I thought Push 2 discution were just for ... push, but the integration between Live and Push is getting so tight that it's becoming confusing to know if we're talking about push or live functionality ;)

Thanks again friend!