Programming Tech 21 Midi Moose - Midi Foot Controller

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gkene

Programming Tech 21 Midi Moose - Midi Foot Controller

Post by gkene » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:57 am

Hi!

I just got a Tech 21 Midi Moose to use with Ableton live looper and ran into an issue..

I installed midi pipe and am successfully converting from pc - cc, however it is only sending out one cc for the entire pedal...so i cant map more than one command.

Does anyone know how to program a midi foot controller? I'm so confused and just want to start looping. haha.

Thanks in advance for any help that's offered =]

yosoychema

Re: Programming Tech 21 Midi Moose - Midi Foot Controller

Post by yosoychema » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi, I´m thinking to buy the Midi 21 foot controller for ableton!! Did you find the way to send 5 or moore diferentes CC to ableton?

yosoychema

Post by yosoychema » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:35 pm

I´m in the same situation.. Did you guys find the way to send 5 or moore values from the Tch 21 to Ableton??

Thanks for your answers!!

MHN

Post by MHN » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:55 am

Any updates on this? I am in the same situation. I can get get Midi Mongoose only to send one CC for the whole pedal. Google comes up dry, when I try to search for solutions for this pedal.

slide108

Post by slide108 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:43 pm

Hey all,

Was pulling my hair out over programming the midi mongoose myself as it was only sending program change data. I’ll try and include a pic of my order of events on midi pipe, but essentially, the breakthrough to my problem was using “AList” to identify the data number of each of my footswitch’s buttons, then using “message converter” with IN set to program change and the RPN range set to your data number (ex. 95-95) to convert it to CC notes. So, OUT should be set to note on and check the box next to “set channel to”. Proceed to copy an instance of the “message converter” for each button you intend to use, only changing your data number depending on what the “AList” tells you each button is, and the channel number so that each one is different. Make sure to have MIDI in set for your interface with “hijack” box checked and midi out to midipipe output 1 (this should just default to your interface), and in Live’s MIDI preferences, make a control surface with the midipipe out as your input and your interface as your output.

Hope this makes at least a little sense. Not convinced all of these things are necessary for it to work, but I’m not going to backtrack to find out which ones aren’t with everything working how I want it to (don’t fix it if it ain’t broke) apologize in advance to windows users or anyone with a DAW other than Live. Hope you can translate this to your software and solve your problems that way!