9.7 Updates and Reason Rewire

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ndujamz

9.7 Updates and Reason Rewire

Post by Ndujamz » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:55 am

I've recently updated to Live 9.7, but it looks like from 9.5 updates onwards the focus is more on the Push2 than it is on the DAW itself. This basically makes me not to look forward for any new updates, because they only come with new features for Push2 (hardware). So if you don't own Push2, you are screwed. I have a bad feeling about this because it looks like Ableton is trying to pave it way to focus more on the hardware in the near future. For instance I would like to get updates with more Live skins.
Also this (Ableton Link) between Live and Reason has ruined some of my tracks. Prior to Ableton Link. I had Reason rewired to Live, now my Rewire is no long working.
Live 9 Suite and Reason 9

Martin Gifford

Re: 9.7 Updates and Reason Rewire

Post by Martin Gifford » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:21 am

Yes it's a worry. Maybe incremental updates will focus more on Push, but new versions will focus on the DAW itself?

There are hundreds of skins available. The problem is in the GUI design. Ableton needs to separate all the GUI elements so that each one can be altered. Currently, many things are stuck with black writing or black images, so that you can't use a dark skin. For example, the drum editor is like that - can't read the drum names if the background is dark. This has been a problem for years, and it doesn't look like Ableton will ever fix it. Some people love the spartan interface, but for those who don't, this is a real drag, and gets Ableton a lot of bad press on the net.

Sorry, I have no clue about Reason.

[tow]

Post by [tow] » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

Ndujamz wrote: I had Reason rewired to Live, now my Rewire is no long working.
ReWire still works as before if you don't use a Link setup. If you have problems with ReWire now, please contact Support via our online Help resources, they can assist you with this.

Best,

Torsten

Ndujamz

Post by Ndujamz » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:31 pm

[tow] wrote:
Ndujamz wrote: I had Reason rewired to Live, now my Rewire is no long working.
ReWire still works as before if you don't use a Link setup. If you have problems with ReWire now, please contact Support via our online Help resources, they can assist you with this.

Best,

Torsten
Thanks Torsten, just that on my Audio track where I trying to find Reason..it is not there only FLStudio, MaxLive and Resampling. This is based on Reason 9 though
Live 9 Suite and Reason 9