Blue Hand no longer appearing.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wascal

Blue Hand no longer appearing.

Post by wascal » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:41 pm

I've recently re-introduced a Launchpad Mk1 & NanoKontrol to my Live Suite 9.7 setup and for some reason the 'Blue Hand' no longer automatically appears. I'm sure I've seen this in the past but I cant remember what the fix was. Further info:

The Launchpad is set as a control surface using the standard Launchpad mapping.

The NanoKontrol is set as a control surface using the 9.6 compatible version of NanoKontrolMyr
(https://github.com/gluon/AbletonLive9_R ... anoKontrol)

'Track' and 'Remote' are both enabled for the ins and outs of both controllers in Preferences.

In the past I had 8 knobs on my Virus TI (in Remote mode) set up for 'Blue Hand' duties and when I clicked on different instruments the blue hand followed. Now the hand it doesn't appear at all, whether I only activate the Launchpad, or only activate the Nanokontrol. I can only make it appear if I right-click a device and choose 'Lock to control surface'.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is it a 9.7 thing or have I missed something obvious? I'm stumped atm.
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

Stromkraft

Re: Blue Hand no longer appearing.

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:16 pm

wascal wrote:I've recently re-introduced a Launchpad Mk1 & NanoKontrol to my Live Suite 9.7 setup and for some reason the 'Blue Hand' no longer automatically appears. I'm sure I've seen this in the past but I cant remember what the fix was.
Some other device is locked to your controller perhaps?
Make some music!

yur2die4

Re: Blue Hand no longer appearing.

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:57 pm

The only things I can think of are either the nativekontrol script is too old, or it is not placed in the appropriate directory.

There are two places you could theoretically place remote scripts. One is for 'user remote scripts', and not intended for the python scripted control surfaces but for a small script that is referenced when Live uses a generic script in their controller devices folder.

The other is inside the actual Ableton Live directory.

As for the LP, the blue hand would not be expected because it does not support device control by default. But if you want to have some fun, I highly suggest downloading the LP95 script and using that instead :)