Is Clyphx the Answer?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tagor

Re: Is Clyphx the Answer?

Post by Tagor » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:52 pm

clyphX is nice to script a set to make it more enjoyable to playing live.

i would love to have it native in live.

you can so easy make instruments and pushmodes selecting automatically

fE. start scene7 -> select last device -> pushmode note -> push scale "psy1"

if there is sitting a nice programmed omnisphere-arp ...whoooa...

then select on the apc another scene and automatically it jumps to a sitar in notemode with your prefered scale!

having this scriptable midi-files via prearannged -clyphX command in dropdownstyle would be awsesome..

what i did not check out how to use it for the pxt-captured note-mode.. but its possible i guess.

i made some command-midis i just use often to subscript push-behavior, scalechanges and channel selections..

but i scratched only the surface, ther is o much more in it, you can even adress the note-repeat to get an higher resolution
Here is a list of all the arguments:

Off; 1/1D; 1/1; 1/1T; 1/2D; 1/2; 1/2T; 1/4D; 1/4; 1/4T; 1/5D; 1/5; 1/5T; 1/6D; 1/6; 1/6T; 1/7D; 1/7; 1/7T; 1/8D; 1/8; 1/8T; 1/16D; 1/16; 1/16T; 1/32D; 1/32; 1/32T; 1/64D; 1/64; 1/64T

http://beatwise.proboards.com/thread/18 ... peat-rates

but you need to modify the python-script before adressing this and the code looks slighly different since a while

more like this , '1/4T' : 0.666666666667

cmprvndncr

Post by cmprvndncr » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:30 am

Angstrom wrote: To be honest life is so damn complicated now that when it comes to music making I feel my enthusiasm die when my desire to just play is frustrated with a new abstraction.
I've got to a point where my youthful "excitement" of discovering a new script is very much replaced by the certainty that everything dies, so if I can just get it working then I can get back to making music.
I just wanna say that I get these feels, buddy. Hope you're doing better this year, and slaying some beats with good friends.

I'm just trying to finish some simple projects, and am constantly frustrated by the default workflow... So I'm torn between firing up chrome to search hopefully for some better way to do things, or just bare with the sh*&(&ty workflow that I currently have *facepalm*... Oh well, creativity finds a way... Like life in the original jurassic park film/novel.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:47 am

Heh, thanks.

braduro

Post by braduro » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:05 pm

The excitement comes from asking "what if..." and "imagine if I could..." that sort of thing. Articulating what you would need to have happen in order to accomplish it. Order each step that would make your life easier. And then translate it into a clyphx action list.

I was not good at scripting when I discovered it, but the real missing ingredient are the actions that you want to create. Then it becomes much less of an abstraction.

I think very conformist about ableton. Can't do this or that? Fine. Then I'll do what I can do. Even the Live object model poses its constraints. But even constraints make a creative palette.

That said, if you take a step back and ask "what do I find myself doing all the time and taking for granted?" or "I saw some guy do this trick I wish I could do." and chances are, Clyphx will get you at least within reach of pulling it off

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:11 pm

braduro wrote:The excitement comes from asking "what if..." and "imagine if I could..." that sort of thing. Articulating what you would need to have happen in order to accomplish it. Order each step that would make your life easier. And then translate it into a clyphx action list.

I was not good at scripting when I discovered it, but the real missing ingredient are the actions that you want to create. Then it becomes much less of an abstraction.

I think very conformist about ableton. Can't do this or that? Fine. Then I'll do what I can do. Even the Live object model poses its constraints. But even constraints make a creative palette.

That said, if you take a step back and ask "what do I find myself doing all the time and taking for granted?" or "I saw some guy do this trick I wish I could do." and chances are, Clyphx will get you at least within reach of pulling it off
pretty good description of what you can do with clyphX :)

btw.: clyphX PRO is coming