cant play back from start of "clip" anymore using space bar

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tintala

cant play back from start of "clip" anymore using space bar

Post by tintala » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:22 am

I reset Live, so now Live only starts back at the beginning using space bar, how do I get live to start at clips or where i last edited.

silversurfer60

Re: cant play back from start of "clip" anymore using space bar

Post by silversurfer60 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Shift plus Spacebar.

tintala

Post by tintala » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:10 pm

thanks for the response I know shift + spacebar starts it where you left the last play bar is, but it used to be, before 9.7 , that just pressing spacebar plays from the last clip you were just editing, when highlited, for example , Im editing a midi or audio clip at bar 8, i go to tweak the clip and need to hear it in succession over and over many times, spacebar alone allowed this without shift, in fact I have never ever used shift + sb , just sb to play where I am editing my clips. SB starts at the beginning of the clip being edited, now that behavior is gone! I dont see how to change this in preferences, I have never had this issue. I did however reset live using the instructions from ableton. Perhaps this reset the behavior of the SB and trasnport, but it never did before.

To summarize, it used to be when editing a clip, you could hit spacebar a thousand times, and start from the beginning of the clip you are editing , now hitting space bar on the clip, starts the track from start.. even shift + SB doesnt start it from the "START" of last clip you were editing.. anyways this issue has killed my workflow, now I have to use the markers to start my track from where I left off, not from the exact clip i am currently editing... total bummer. please someone tell me there is a place in preferences to change it back to this behavior! I believe resetting live killed this behavior of the sB to start from last clip. much fast to use SB to re listen to last clip edited, instead of marker at the top of the project.

tintala

Post by tintala » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:04 am

SOLVED : had a locator marker somehow disrupting the playback behavior of the spacebar and clip playback. there were 2 locators in the same spot.