Morphing parameters / CCs in ableton Live

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
philippe-2000

Morphing parameters / CCs in ableton Live

Post by philippe-2000 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Hello,

I need a little help!
I would like to know how i could use a single macro control to command multiple CCs in ableton.
Each selected parameter would have a morphing range, maybe a selectable curve to interpolate between the values.
Macro control knob should be controlable by midi.

The idea is to achieve similar results than those with Elektron Octatrack's crossfader, Fxpansion Geist macro knobs or eventide Blackhole's slidebar.

Thanks!

TomKern

Re: Morphing parameters / CCs in ableton Live

Post by TomKern » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:10 pm

What you describe is not possible in Live proper. (if I understood you correctly).

Meaning, yes you can assign different parameters to one macro (as long as they belong to devices in the same rack), and you can determine the range of each parameter (though not different curves or discontinuous ranges or such) But you can not use different Midi CCs to control the Macro.

The later might be possible with M4L (don't know, don't use it) but surely would be with external tools like Bomes Midi Translator. Which I do use and highly recommend!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Yes it's possible in MaxforLive....

http://isotonikstudios.com/isotonik/mod ... ies/smart/

Cheers
D

philippe-2000

Post by philippe-2000 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:23 pm

S4racen wrote:Yes it's possible in MaxforLive....

http://isotonikstudios.com/isotonik/mod ... ies/smart/

Cheers
D
Wow sounds exactly what I need! many thanks.

@S4racen, are you from Isotonik studios?
I count on PrEditor to help me to organize the parameters I show or hide to the Push device :-)

Also I am really diggin the elektron sequencers and i would like to achieve something similar within push.
Elektron sequencer is monophonic so I started diggin with push drum rack sequencing which is almost the same thing, and experimented the different parameter locking techiques that i cherish on my Elektrons (ie define a specific value of a parameter for one note event)
I am kind of stucked now because Push parameter-locking is per step, whereas Elektron is per-note p-lock, meaning the automation made on Push ends at the end of the selected step, but no insurance that the note is released , which not really musical or logical.
Per-note parameter locking with push would be tedious to reproduce... :-(
So I would need somme sort of device that generates an envelope per note or a maybe just a realease parameter.
have you got something for this? do you think it is a good idea to search in that way?

thanks again!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi, YEah, i curate the output from a very talented bunch of developers for Isotonik...

Can't think of anything that we have in the line up that'd do the step sequencing currently, we are working on the Modular Series CV Edition though which has a couple of tools in it, it's early days though...

Cheers
D

Dchild

Post by Dchild » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Have a look at steplocker by J74

http://fabriziopoce.com/steplocker.html

Cheers