Drum Rack Volume via Midi Controller

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dufflebags

Drum Rack Volume via Midi Controller

Post by dufflebags » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:39 am

Alright, I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to figure this out. Is there any midi controller (besides Push and Push 2) that will allow for volume control over the individual drum rack outputs. I want to be able to control the volume as seen in the mixer, not the output of the simpler device on the pad. I really wanted to get either a Launch Control XL or a Nanokontrol2 to mix in Live, but without being able to mix my drums it seems pointless.

sounddevisor

Re: Drum Rack Volume via Midi Controller

Post by sounddevisor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:24 am

A Drum Rack can always be unfolded in the Ableton mixer - all the filled cells will show up as individual channels. Any controller that can address individual channels should work.

Stromkraft

Re: Drum Rack Volume via Midi Controller

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:17 pm

dufflebags wrote:Alright, I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to figure this out. Is there any midi controller (besides Push and Push 2) that will allow for volume control over the individual drum rack outputs. I want to be able to control the volume as seen in the mixer, not the output of the simpler device on the pad. I really wanted to get either a Launch Control XL or a Nanokontrol2 to mix in Live, but without being able to mix my drums it seems pointless.
These are rack chains and not tracks. What you need it so map the volume of each chain to your controller.
Make some music!