Midi Remote Scripts Community and Playhead feedback problems

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
snappyass

Re: Midi Remote Scripts Community and Playhead feedback problems

Post by snappyass » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 pm

yes. this is as far as i have got with it so far. i am still working on this part

tweety3

Post by tweety3 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 pm

You are, nevertheless, my hero :wink:

if I could program Python, I would help immediately. Can one support you, otherwise, anyhow?

I keep to you the fingers crossed

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Thankyou.
I would appreciate any help and ideas from anyone. I'm quite new to python myself and just learn as I go.
I will continue to work on this script.

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:49 pm

There is also clip loop function now. if when a clip is playing you hold down PAN and press TAP TEMPO the clip will start to loop. you can double the loop with PAN and NUDGE+ and halve it with PAN and NUDGE- . PAN and METRO will stop the looping action

fishybones

Post by fishybones » Wed May 17, 2017 3:34 pm

It's an awesome job, I'm very grateful for explaining how to use this mode on apc40 mk2. Days ago I bought the apc and I was crazy to start using my drum rack :) Also all the information I found was just talking about mk1 ... and one more time ..
Good job !!!

fishybones

Post by fishybones » Fri May 19, 2017 11:35 pm

I would like to know if the chord / melodyes of push 2 could be added??? :) :) :)

Alphatone

Post by Alphatone » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:50 am

Hello Abletonians.

I am running Ableton 9.7. I don't know anything about scripts yet. Does this sequencer work with Ableton now? Is there a tutorial somewhere that would show a noob like me how to set it up?

Thanks!
Alphatone

infinitystairs

Post by infinitystairs » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:28 am

Cylab, thanks for the 9.7 decompiled scripts!

One issue, in a recent branch you removed the framework scripts because you said it is available in the Live Installation folder. I can't find it on Mac. Is this a Windows-only treat?

>Live_9.6 - only the 9.6 scripts and LiveControl, since the framework is available at {Live Installation Folder}/Resources/Python/remote-script-framework

cylab wrote:Hi there

I am new to Ableton and bought myself am APC40 MK2. I am trying to migrate the Step Sequencer of Will Marshall (http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=84554) to Ableton 9.7.

I have it roughly working by frankensteining code from Martin Pechmanns APC400000, but I don't get any button highlight on played drums and also there is no running light showing the playhead position in the steps. When I was searching for answers, I was quite shocked, that there doesn't seem to be a community for Ableton Remote Scripts anywhere. Am I searching in the wrong places or is nobody doing scripts??? If so, why is that?

Anyway. I seem to not understand the concept of feedback channels here. I assume these are the midi channels over which the current played note gets sent back to the device. But why do they need to be set and how and why do they differ from the midi channel selected for a track? Or something is missing in the APCDrumGroupComponents (https://github.com/cylab/APCequencer/bl ... mponent.py)

If anybody could point me to some more information or a vivid community forum for this stuff, I would be thankful. So far I found:
- Hanz Petrov's site: http://remotescripts.blogspot.de/
- Julien Bayle's site: http://julienbayle.net/ableton-live-9-m ... e-scripts/
- Martin Pechmann's APC400000: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=217646&p=1675572&hi ... 0#p1675572

My git repo with the partly working Step Sequencer for the APC40 MK2 is here:
(needs to be checked out to <Ableton-Live>/Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/APCequencer)
https://github.com/cylab/APCequencer

It depends on the 9.2 version of Push scripts I put in here
(needs to be checked out to <Ableton-Live>/Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/_PushLegacy)
https://github.com/cylab/_PushLegacy

I also forked Julien Bayle's Remote Script Repositories to add the decompiled 9.7 scripts for reference:
https://github.com/cylab/AbletonLive9_RemoteScripts

and generated a Python Stub of Live's API to include in an IDE (I use Intellij/PyCharm)
https://github.com/cylab/AbletonLive-API-Stub

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mathias

P.S.
If you are interested, you can even use PyCharm's awesome debugger with the Remote Scripts by unpacking the pycharm-debug.egg's contents to <Ableton-Live>/Resources/Python/site-packages/pycharm-debug.egg, create a new Python Remote Debug configuration in PyCharm (using localhost and e.g. port 4223) and put

Code: Select all

import pydevd
    pydevd.settrace('localhost', port=4223, stdoutToServer=True, stderrToServer=True)
in the __init__ method of the script you want to debug. Everything is there - including stepping, (exception-)breakpoints, variable inspection and custom code execution in context of the current code frame!

Dromomaniac

Post by Dromomaniac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

HI - GREAT! I see the green light flowing across only when I hold down the shift button and the top left pad. and then I have to hold down the shift to see it moving.... but it happens.

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Anyone following this im still working on it. i have removed links but will be adding new ones with updates soon. i now have the 'select drum pad' and also nearly have a push style melodic step sequencer working. still having issues with the green light being on the same page as the actual note editing matrix (where you enter the beats)

niallobrien

Post by niallobrien » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:09 am

snappyass wrote:Anyone following this im still working on it. i have removed links but will be adding new ones with updates soon. i now have the 'select drum pad' and also nearly have a push style melodic step sequencer working. still having issues with the green light being on the same page as the actual note editing matrix (where you enter the beats)
Hey man, any updates on this? Also curious to know if you've gotten to test it with the Ableton 10 beta by any chance? Thanks!

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi. Yes still working on this. It does work on live 10. Give me a day or 2 and i'l post a link

endmc

Post by endmc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Dude, thank you so much for your work. I've been looking for this script for a long time. Could you describe in more detail the work with your sequencer, I really liked how to implement a similar script for apk40mk2 in Bitvig) Waiting for updates from you, good luck to you)

endmc

Post by endmc » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:22 pm

snappyass wrote:Hi. Yes still working on this. It does work on live 10. Give me a day or 2 and i'l post a link
Hey, noticed such a thing: after replacing PUSH scripts with PUSH LEGASY, the faders became jerky, and lost their smoothness, especially if they were quickly twisted. Is it possible to somehow correct this?

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:21 am

still get a bit of that here too :( i've managed to now implement a few extra things. such as melodic step sequence, 32 pad drum rack and note mode. do me a favor and give it a go...
push legacy and APC phaze folders. just drop them in midi scripts..
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lm84txfm4aiu ... rcC6a?dl=0

select APC PHAZE as control surface
select apc40MK2 as in and out. load new set, toggle between 'PAN' and 'USER' a couple of times (still working on this)
when in drum or note mode (depending what is on the midi track) press user again to switch between 32 drum/melodic sequence.
hold and release 'BANK' to toggle note repeat. 'stop' buttons change amount of repeat.