iPad audio recording onto Windows 10 PC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Liam

iPad audio recording onto Windows 10 PC

Post by Liam » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:50 am

For some reason I cannot record iPad audio into the PC fully. I managed to record one short 8 bar loop using the headphone out to the PC Mic Line in. This sounded fine.

After one short loop I tried to record something different and the PC spat the dummy.

I used to be able to send audio from the iPad thru the Apple Camera Kit / usb but now that seems to be impossible.

Has Apple changed their audio out specs or whatever?

Tarekith

Re: iPad audio recording onto Windows 10 PC

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Does it work via the CCK if you set the sample rate of your computer to 48kHz?

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Tarekith wrote:Does it work via the CCK if you set the sample rate of your computer to 48kHz?
I doubt that very much but will try.

Thanks.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Just a guess as it seems that either iOS 10 or my iPhone 7 changed something and now seems to choose 48k for system functions with my DAC.

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:41 pm

Tarekith wrote:Just a guess as it seems that either iOS 10 or my iPhone 7 changed something and now seems to choose 48k for system functions with my DAC.
Nothing surprises me anymore. I live in America :cry:

twistedkeys

Post by twistedkeys » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:59 am

I use iPad and iPhone and was successful recording audio using the Camera Connection Kit. I am running iOS 10.2. What audio interface do you use with your iOS device? It has to be USB compliant audio interface. Also, what iOS apps are you using? Most of them will let you render/export your recording to dropbox / icloud / google drive or even send it via e-mail or iMessage.

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:18 am

twistedkeys wrote:I use iPad and iPhone and was successful recording audio using the Camera Connection Kit. I am running iOS 10.2. What audio interface do you use with your iOS device? It has to be USB compliant audio interface. Also, what iOS apps are you using? Most of them will let you render/export your recording to dropbox / icloud / google drive or even send it via e-mail or iMessage.
I was running the audio thru the Camera Kit into an iconnectmidi2 device. That device is powered with a wall wart.

But the iPad often reported that there was not enough power ....

So I gave up trying that way and just used the mic out into the PC laptop. That works but not constantly.

I thought I could run the Camera Kit audio direct into the PC - I'm sure that worked months ago.

Thanks.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:07 am

If you have a powered USB hub and the latest CCK then you won't have to worry about the power thing.