Midi Remote Script writing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kevtubio

Midi Remote Script writing

Post by kevtubio » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:59 am

Hi there,

I´m wondering if someone could give a hand writting a customised midi script for a nanokontrol2 on live 9.5,
Ok I know, this could be kind a big deal, theres not much information out there + python is a pain in the ass if you will.

My idea would be writing a script such as the mackiecontrol one + a combination of commands able to toggle 2 added modifiers to take control of macro knobs within racks and send knobs per channel respectively.

For the ones that many dont know the nanokontrol translate the mackie script on a rather basic way leaving you with just simple controls such as (*seek fwrd & backwrd *stop *play *record *cycle loop *marker set and jump to next/prev *track selecting as well as *solo *mute and *arm per track channel + *volume faders + *panorama pots) to name them all.

All of those essential if you ask me, just looking forward to expand this control possibilities just a bit as well as improving my workflow and why not others that own this device too.

Hope you can guide me toward making this idea a reality.

fishmonkey

Re: Midi Remote Script writing

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:21 am

kevtubio

Post by kevtubio » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:56 am

Now that I did, I´ll consider hitting the buy botton,
thanks by the way.

kevtubio

Post by kevtubio » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:41 am

fishmonkey wrote:have you seen this?

http://www.nativekontrol.com/Arsenal_NK2.html
Hi fishmonkey,

I´m facing a problem involving nativekontrol in which I can not carry out the purchase of the product

I can only get to buy the product using western union as the payment method.

Here in Argentina Western Union requests me the reciever´s:
*exact name as it appears on their goverment-issued ID
*street address,city/provice/state and country
*goverment-issued ID number or driving license.
in order to send the money and ensure that just that person will retrieve it,just to avoid claims.

The problem cames since nativekontrol won´t provide me the receiver´s goverment-issued ID,so with that said I can´t buy the product directly from them.

So I´m wondering, do you own the product? would you sell me it´s license?

login

Post by login » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:29 am

can you use paypal?

kevtubio

Post by kevtubio » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:54 am

login wrote:can you use paypal?
No, paypal would be out of reach since I don't own any bank account at the moment

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:47 pm

kevtubio wrote:
No, paypal would be out of reach since I don't own any bank account at the moment
have you talked to stray (the mastermind behind nativekontrol)?

if he can`t help you: find a friend with paypal or a credit card, give him the money and let him buy it for you!

login

Post by login » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:18 pm

kevtubio wrote:
I don't know in argentina but it is possible to load funds to paypal through a bank without a bank account.

But yeah, write to Stray (the guy from native control), the mail is in the contact section (or maybe here, he post from time to time) or at his youtube channel, he is a very nice guy and I am sure he would be happy to help you.

kevtubio

Post by kevtubio » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:40 pm

stoersignal wrote:
kevtubio wrote:
have you talked to stray (the mastermind behind nativekontrol)?

if he can`t help you: find a friend with paypal or a credit card, give him the money and let him buy it for you!

Stray couldn't help me unfortunately, he suggested making an international money order, although here in Argentina this is not an option, not at least without a bank account. Guess I'll ask one of my relatives to help me out here or something like that, other ideas are welcome as well.

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Evidently, Argentina has some very strict requirements when it comes to sending payments abroad, so it appears that many of the standard options (such as Western Union) aren't an option. There isn't anything I can do about that unfortunately. So I would agree with the suggestion to have someone with a bank account or credit card make the purchase for you.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:46 am

kevtubio wrote: So I´m wondering, do you own the product? would you sell me it´s license?
sorry, i don't have a license for it (i've never owned a NanoKontrol)...

kevtubio

Post by kevtubio » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:16 pm

Never mind, I could finally got my hands on the product, a neighbor of mine was very kind letting me use his paypal account once I convinced him (hard work), now I shall declare this post closed.

Thanks you all guys.