how can i achieve this

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
NoSonic822

how can i achieve this

Post by NoSonic822 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:06 am

how can i achieve this, i feel like i almost have it. but i am missing something. I want to trigger a midi clip that has a perpetual length, not really but like make it 4000 bars or something, this clip triggers a certain program also, so then the clip is running, and I can play into it whatever, then stop playing but it will keep running out the length of the 4000 bars......but then I am midi mapping the Loop button on the clip, so that after i session record, then play something in i like it, it will start looping. ok this works...but, it always goes back to wherever you put the loop brace. i want the loop brace to follow the clip...ie, in time, when i trigger the loop, i want it to loop what i just played, which will be at bar 30 or whatever. but it doesnt work like that...it always just loops to where you have th eloop brace, it doesn t account for how far into the clip you are in reality.

NoSonic822

Re: how can i achieve this

Post by NoSonic822 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:18 am

basically i want the loop brace to "follow" me and then as soon as i session record I want those notes to loop, but that point in th eclip will be at any random future point in the clip's timeline. i think this shoul dbe doable. or Live should have a way of tracking where you punch in the session record within the clip.

reason being is, I find it really annoying, when i have a 2 bar looped clip, with no notes, but then when i session record, and play in notes, that clip is basically shot, it's a used clip with notes in it that i dont want to be there. the real main purpose of the actual clip is to trigger a program.