Maschine Ableton template

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
billpayer

Maschine Ableton template

Post by billpayer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Hello all,
I've not been using my Maschine at all for a while now and I've been tempted by push for quite some time. But after reading up on a few things I noticed the template to control Maschine was recently updated. So I thought I'd give it a shot as I'm really looking to downsize on all the controller's I have and just ideally have one DAW controller and my outboard synths.
So I've been jamming (pun intended) for a few days and I'm actually thinking that the template with Maschine might give me a real stab at this, but the thing I've also liked the look of with Push is the fixed length recording. I've been reading the manual for the template and playing around quite a bit, but it doesn't seem to have been implemented on the Maschine template. Am I missing it somewhere? I also noticed that the manual actually refers to Live 9.1 so maybe fixed length midi recording wasn't even around then?
Does the NI Maschine Jam template do this?
Thanks,
Bill Payer.
(Bill Payer|3745 SoundSystem|Chome)

billpayer

Re: Maschine Ableton template

Post by billpayer » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Just to say I have a workaround for this now, well two actually, using either fire or the New clip button. I really think the Ableton temple deserves more praise. NI have been making much of the Ableton template for JAM but I'd say don't forget Maschine. Although the intergration thereafter for recording your midi clips etc, well that is a different story. I know Audiomodder do it for Push/Maschine software integration, but I wonder if NI should just support Drum racks for the Maschine kits? We could just use the pads then to play in the mid in this way using the Ableton midi template?
It does feel quite sacrileges though ripping apart the Maschine software/hardware integration mind.
(Bill Payer|3745 SoundSystem|Chome)