Loop after consolidate

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
DJ Tequila

Loop after consolidate

Post by DJ Tequila » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:15 pm

After consolidating, the newly generated clip is set not to loop. I can't seem to find a setting which changes this behaviour.

When editing things like drum loops or bounced bass-lines in the arrange view, I would often like to be able to consolidate then immediately stretch to loop across a few phrases. As 'loop' isn't set on the sample after consolidate, I have to reveal the clip information panel and turn on loop before going back to the arrangement to pull the looped audio across to the desired length.

Does anyone know how to make 'loop' the default behaviour for consolidated clips?

Richie Witch

Re: Loop after consolidate

Post by Richie Witch » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:48 pm

According to page 105 of the Live manual, if you select your clips, then click Loop on the combined clip window, then Consolidate, the new clip will be created as a loop.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but might be easier than having to open the new clip properties every time after consolidation.
Win10/Intel i7 rig | Live 10 | DSI, Yamaha, Korg, and Novation synths, and 12U of Eurorack | various outboard gear | Dune 2, Circle2, Enzyme, Kontakt |

DJ Tequila

Post by DJ Tequila » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:09 pm

Thanks Richie. It's still something that will interrupt workflow, which is something I want to avoid.

No-one's come across a keyboard combination or anything have they?

NoToK

Post by NoToK » Wed May 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Still looking for a fix for this. I Consolidate like all the time och HATE being forced to loop the new consolidated clip EVERY TIME.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed May 09, 2018 8:28 pm

I reported this years ago.
Make some music!

oxygen23

Post by oxygen23 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:17 pm

I agree, it's huge PITA :roll:
This is one of bigger reasons why I am sticking more (and getting used to) with Bitwig than Live lately.
Live could be perfect DAW if they focus on small workflow things like this which makes big difference - the stuf which we can't add from 3rd party solution (unlike new synths and FX)

Cuica man

Post by Cuica man » Fri May 11, 2018 5:38 pm

I just make a new track and drag the consolidated audio into it... then u can add loops and FX