Undo Timecode frame rate?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hipdeejay

Undo Timecode frame rate?

Post by hipdeejay » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:27 am

So lately as I'm working on a project when I go to undo/redo a change I made, nothing happens. Then I go up to Edit on the top and it says "undo time code frame rate" and then I have to keep hitting undo several times before it actually undoes the change I made. Same for redo. It's been happening a lot lately. Pretty much anytime I go to undo/redo anything.

The thing is I never changed the timecode frame rate? I don't even know what that is. I just want to undo whatever changes I actually made. Now I have to hit undo (CMD+Z) several times before it actually does anything. Sometimes I have to hit it 5 times or more to actually undo my changes.

Why does this keep happening? Anyone experienced this or know how to fix it?
It happens on all my projects lately. Very frustrating.

entity

Re: Undo Timecode frame rate?

Post by entity » Tue May 04, 2021 10:06 pm

BUMP! I'm experiencing this too
ABLENOOBY

vyanezf

Post by vyanezf » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:44 pm

Same here!
Ableton 11.1.1. M1 native

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:16 pm

Are you using video?
Are you using M4L devices? Plugins?
etc...
none of you gave any info, how are we supposed to understand where the problem could be coming from??
Ableton Forum Moderator

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:30 pm

That is normal nowadays...... No info!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

dorayaki machine

Post by dorayaki machine » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:49 pm

Bump

I'm experiencing the same issue here on Live 11.1.5 on a MacBook Pro with M1 Max CPU.
I use Live Natively, using both native VSTs and incompatible intel-based AU plugins.
I also opened my project file in the intel version of 11.1.5 through Rosetta, still got the issue.

I have a video clip on a track inside of Live, but the clip itself is disabled.
Even if I delete the track with video I still have the same problem.

However, if I remove all the tracks and leave one blank audio track the issue seems to be solved.

One important point is that there are tempo automation and key signature changes in my track. I suspect tempo automation and M4L to create that error.
Last edited by dorayaki machine on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dorayaki machine

Post by dorayaki machine » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:08 pm

Ok I'm not 100% sure but it could have something related to Lexicon Plugins (used in AU format in my PJ file)
I've tried to removed almost all tracks, the error seems to stop only when I remove the two return tracks with LexRoom and LexHall.

Plus I've googled and found that:
https://www.highfidelityreview.com/lexi ... ystem.html
A smart feature is the fact that automation data is saved independent of its originally written timecode frame rate. That means sessions will automatically conform to any incoming frame rate and remain real-time accurate
I know it's an old post, talking about the Lexicon 960L and not the plugins but I guess it could still help someways.