Beat Tools - New Pack for Suite and Push owners

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Beat Tools - New Pack for Suite and Push owners

Post by Tarekith » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:40 am

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/beat-tools/

Now included with Push and Live 9 Suite, Beat Tools is a new creative toolkit with all the sounds you need for beatmaking. The Pack is a complete collection of drum kits, instruments, loops and effects that’s set up for hands-on creation.

The Pack contains more than 120 Drum and Instrument Racks with tweakable processing chains that sound great in the mix, right from the off. Plus there’s over 180 audio loops for slicing, MIDI clips to spark ideas, effects chains and more.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

hyperscientist

Re: Beat Tools - New Pack for Suite and Push owners

Post by hyperscientist » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Is it just me or is this Pack not showing in a "Packs" place in a browser?

albieg

Post by albieg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:50 pm

hyperscientist wrote:Is it just me or is this Pack not showing in a "Packs" place in a browser?
In my case, after installing the alp pack it appears in Live browser under the section pack along with all the others.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Tarekith wrote:https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/beat-tools/

Now included with Push and Live 9 Suite, Beat Tools is a new creative toolkit with all the sounds you need for beatmaking. The Pack is a complete collection of drum kits, instruments, loops and effects that’s set up for hands-on creation.

The Pack contains more than 120 Drum and Instrument Racks with tweakable processing chains that sound great in the mix, right from the off. Plus there’s over 180 audio loops for slicing, MIDI clips to spark ideas, effects chains and more.
Trying to feel enthusiastic…
Make some music!

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:13 pm

This is fantastic, thanks Ableton :D
Core i7 2.3GHz|Win7x64|8GB|1.5TB & Core 2 Duo T7200, XP Pro SP3,
Nio 2|4, Edirol PCR800, NanoKontrol , Komplete Synths + Reaktor 5, Cameleon, Alchemy, FabFilter 2 suite
http://www.myspace.com/richardlyallmusic http://craftycurate.blogs.com

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:14 pm

antic604 wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:Trying to feel enthusiastic…
Hehe, that was my reaction as well :D
Yeah. It's great it's free for all users and Ableton need to update the range of packs every year for sure. Personally, I'm more interested in more playable multi-sample instruments rather than beats. A great drum machine that Live can be with drum racks and great sounds is nothing to sneeze at.

I still haven't played with all packs (all previous with Suite and some purchases are installed) even those I paid for.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:14 pm

I don't know if it is my style completely but I downloaded and installed it, and I feel like it is a thoughtfully compiled pack. For those who prefer those genres it is a really nice bonus. It has a lot of fun bits and pieces, and makes use of some of Simpler's warping. Kinda lays the groundwork to inspire people to try different layouts and sounds using similar formulas.

Edit: I should mention that it also addressed the complaints of some people about presets that are mostly 'minimal dance' oriented. Perhaps they will continue to fill out the various requested genres in the future.

hyperscientist

Post by hyperscientist » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 pm

antic604 wrote:Have you d/l and installed it?
Well, I definitely downloaded it from my account and opened it but it seems like it didn't install. When I try to install again last thing I see is "authorising new product" or something like that. I own Suite and Push 2, so it should go through.
albieg wrote:In my case, after installing the alp pack it appears in Live browser under the section pack along with all the others.
I'll contact support then :) Thanks!

redglass

Post by redglass » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks!

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:51 pm

I'm just always a bit puzzled about this whole "beatmaking", as if "beat" is a self-contained subgenre of music and they had to invent a special word for the making of it. Is there anyone just making beats? Like, no other instruments? Or when you're done "beatmaking" do you then start "bassmaking" and "leadmaking", maybe some "padmaking" and then some "vocalmaking" to finish it off? ;)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Often beats means more than just drums, and you'll see this in these kits. There's a lot of other instrument samples in a lot of the kits, so you can flesh more than just percussion. I know a lot of guys who just make beats for other artists, though I think a lot of it is just terminology. It's no different from grooves, phrases, etc that people have used before. Just sound beds to either expand on for your music, or for someone else to use in theirs.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:49 pm

snakedogman wrote:I'm just always a bit puzzled about this whole "beatmaking", as if "beat" is a self-contained subgenre of music and they had to invent a special word for the making of it.
Well, considering a musical beat refers to an individual stroke of measured time or the pulse of a musical piece, then, as Tarekith also hints, Beats in my mind means contained musical phrases or forms that can be the basis of a musical work.

As my taste is strongly towards the rhythmical elements being put into center those instruments carry much of this aspect of the musical idea.

However, when I add bass, pads, leads I don't see those as being separate from "the beats", ie the rythmical elements. Vocals and similar sounds are commonly more separate, but not necessarily. The framework for all instruments is the rhythm as I see it, even if there is a clear harmonic aspect to all music as well.
Make some music!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:37 pm

snakedogman wrote:I'm just always a bit puzzled about this whole "beatmaking", as if "beat" is a self-contained subgenre of music and they had to invent a special word for the making of it. Is there anyone just making beats? Like, no other instruments? Or when you're done "beatmaking" do you then start "bassmaking" and "leadmaking", maybe some "padmaking" and then some "vocalmaking" to finish it off? ;)
I see what you did there!! Very funny!!!!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :)
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Beatmaking is idiot speak for making music
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:57 am

snakedogman wrote:I'm just always a bit puzzled about this whole "beatmaking", as if "beat" is a self-contained subgenre of music and they had to invent a special word for the making of it. Is there anyone just making beats? Like, no other instruments? Or when you're done "beatmaking" do you then start "bassmaking" and "leadmaking", maybe some "padmaking" and then some "vocalmaking" to finish it off? ;)
Post of the week!