Obscure Lagging Issue Upon Playback

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
GaudiKuttu

Obscure Lagging Issue Upon Playback

Post by GaudiKuttu » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:22 am

Hi girls and boys!

I have been working on this project for some time now, this issue occured first at a previous stage got worse, and now unbearable.
When I am listening to the track, it pops and misses also duplcicates or "chops" certain samples (all effected)
My PC:
Intel core i5 quad 1,5 years old
16GB DDR3
1 TB HDD
240GBSSD
Windows 10
This setup should prevent any issues anyway, as it is rather powerful,however, I get the above when I playback the symphonics audio samples. When I get to the bit where is like 20 massive tracks playing even no issues. When it is supposed to play all ableton recorded audio samples it lags.

What I have done so far:
Reverb on return tracks (anyway)
Increased sample rate No changes
Freezed unusued tracks
Got the utilitys from Ableton website to check my computer both came with good results
CPU load never exceeds 25%
Disk read indicator never flashes
When I am listening to the samples in my wave editor (CEP)it is ofcourse played perfect

I really dont have a clue now, and it would be the time to get the sound right, but it is impossibble like this.
Any suggestions are more than wellcome.

jestermgee

Re: Obscure Lagging Issue Upon Playback

Post by jestermgee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:25 pm

Do you have an audio interface or are you just using the PC audio?

If you don't have an audio interface are you using Asio4All driver for your sound card?

What does Lives CPU meter display when you get choppy audio?

Stromkraft

Re: Obscure Lagging Issue Upon Playback

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:15 pm

GaudiKuttu wrote:Hi girls and boys!

I have been working on this project for some time now, this issue occured first at a previous stage got worse, and now unbearable.
When I am listening to the track, it pops and misses also duplcicates or "chops" certain samples (all effected)
My PC:
Intel core i5 quad 1,5 years old
16GB DDR3
1 TB HDD
240GBSSD
Windows 10
This setup should prevent any issues anyway, as it is rather powerful,however, I get the above when I playback the symphonics audio samples. When I get to the bit where is like 20 massive tracks playing even no issues. When it is supposed to play all ableton recorded audio samples it lags.

What I have done so far:
Reverb on return tracks (anyway)
Increased sample rate No changes
Freezed unusued tracks
Got the utilitys from Ableton website to check my computer both came with good results
CPU load never exceeds 25%
Disk read indicator never flashes
When I am listening to the samples in my wave editor (CEP)it is ofcourse played perfect

I really dont have a clue now, and it would be the time to get the sound right, but it is impossibble like this.
Any suggestions are more than wellcome.
Speed test your HD anyway. Does your i5 have the ability to turn off power saving? Look for that.
Make some music!