Simple Midi Question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dusty4444

Simple Midi Question

Post by dusty4444 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:57 pm

How come when I hit a pad on the Akai LPD 8 it triggers other clips I never mapped to that pad. I assume because its the same midi note?? How do I separate the notes ?

Peels

Re: Simple Midi Question

Post by Peels » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:42 pm

akai makes an editor for that midi controller. download it and make sure that all the pads on your controller are sending different midi notes.

once you get that sorted, in ableton, hit ctrl+m or apple+m (on a mac) to enable midi mapping. on the left panel where the browser usually is, you'll see a list of all your midi mappings showing you what midi controls are mapped to all the things you've mapped in live. get that sorted. do note that one control (like a knob, or a pad) can be set to control multiple things in live, but things in live can only be controlled by one controller. so in other words you can set a knob to three different number boxes in live, but if you try and have a different knob control one of those number boxes, live will give you a pop up saying that the mapping conflicts with a previous one.

also make sure it's not something else, like you accidentally had multiple tracks armed or otherwise set to always play midi received from a midi controller.