Fast measurement of integrated loudness (LUFS)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Re: Fast measurement of integrated loudness (LUFS)

Post by Tarekith » Fri May 19, 2017 1:36 pm

nocompromise wrote:
Tarekith wrote:The cheapest option I can think of would be Audiofile's Myriad, which is a batch processing app. It scans all audio files and can give you a LUFS measurement without needing to play the file. Audiofile's Triumph can do this as well, if you want/need an audio editor instead.
are you just referring to the lufs measurement or are you saying Triumph can do batch processing too?
Triumph can do the offline LUFS measurement, you'd need Myriad if you want batch processing though.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat May 20, 2017 12:00 am

on a related note, Dynameter is on special at the moment:

http://www.meterplugs.com/dynameter

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Tue May 30, 2017 10:18 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
Tarekith wrote:I know what you mean, things have slowed down a bit lately. I've been working with those guys for awhile now, and just last week had a great support session with Matthew on some Triumph issues I was having. Not collapsing at all FWIW.
hmmm. maybe their problem is that they never have enough resources to properly manage all their products? every couple of years they squeeze out a major new version of something, but in between things seem to get pretty stagnant and unresponsive. their forums are so badly handled by them that they would be better of shutting them down completely.

good to hear that they are not collapsing though!
so, Audiofile Engineering is no more. it seems that the lead dev has started his own company, and taken the main apps with him (Triumph, Spectre, Myriad, Loop Editor).

all the other Audiofile Engineering products are effectively end-of-life now though, including Fidelia, which is a bummer...
Last edited by fishmonkey on Tue May 30, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Tue May 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue May 30, 2017 11:06 pm

Definitely some very interesting news. At least Evan is still in charge.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 pm

hey, do you have any recommendations for a good audio player app?

i keep separate lossy and lossless audio libraries, and have been using Fidelia as my lossless player, partly because changing libraries in iTunes is a pain (as well as being bloatware), and also because Fidelia can host plugins...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed May 31, 2017 1:54 am

I mostly use iTunes to be honest, works fine for my needs. The few times I needed to use something else for say AU processing like CanOpener, I used Fidelia as well. I never really thought Fidelia sounded any different from iTunes otherwise though, so that was pretty rare for me.