IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
aklisiewicz
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:33 am

IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:01 am

Seems like Ableton keeps forgetting about the fact that many users switched to 4K monitors. With that being said I have already complained numerous times about Liv9 and issues with knobs and sliders which still remain unresolved. Now there is an issue with the forum, because everything is so fckn small I cannot read it normally. I would like to ask ADMIN to change forum fonts to something bigger.
Yes I know I can zoom-in inside the browser but doing this every time I open the page is quite annoying. I think it is time to make some changes wherever is required to comply with higher screen resolutions.

PLEASE INCREASE FONTS!
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

Tarekith
Posts: 17671
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by Tarekith » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:27 am

Nothing has changed with the forum software in some time, so it's not a recent issue due to that. While we are investigating some changes to the forum in the future, it will be some time before anything is implemented.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
InnerPortalStudio.com - Professional Audio Mastering

fishmonkey
Posts: 4218
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 am

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:54 am

aklisiewicz wrote:Seems like Ableton keeps forgetting about the fact that many users switched to 4K monitors. With that being said I have already complained numerous times about Liv9 and issues with knobs and sliders which still remain unresolved. Now there is an issue with the forum, because everything is so fckn small I cannot read it normally. I would like to ask ADMIN to change forum fonts to something bigger.
Yes I know I can zoom-in inside the browser but doing this every time I open the page is quite annoying. I think it is time to make some changes wherever is required to comply with higher screen resolutions.

PLEASE INCREASE FONTS!
maybe try a different browser? most browsers will remember the previous zoom setting for a site. here on Firefox if i zoom one forum page, all the other open forum pages resize automatically as well. and any newly opened pages have the new zoom setting as well...
badbrainz wrote: I'm a drummer, so I'm already at an intellectual disadvantage here

aklisiewicz
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:33 am

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:05 pm

using another browser and saving the settings is not an option because then all other sites and pages are way to big. No browser supports saving settings related to particular site (At the moment). There is also general request for ABLETON to consider 4K monitors for all products. Live9 in this aspect simply SUCKS !
and forum is not better. I use 20+ other forums and most of them support uploading pictures, sound files etc. This one is the worst (although it uses phpBB which is one of the best forum platforms). It is just laziness of administrators who do not want to spend time to make it better :-(

Art
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

[erm]
Site Admin
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:05 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by [erm] » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:27 pm

It's not laziness, our forum logins are tied to user accounts and your product license to cut down on spam. It's not as simple to upgrade the forum software as sites running just a forum. And the fact that we're busy working on something more fun than the forums perhaps :wink:
Ableton Forum Administrator

AAdel
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Middle East
Contact:

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by AAdel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm

I'm OK on my simple Full-HD monitor thanks God. :)
Adel Al Agha ???? ?? ???
Singer, Music Producer & Trainer
https://radionama.com
Image

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:using another browser and saving the settings is not an option because then all other sites and pages are way to big. No browser supports saving settings related to particular site (At the moment). There is also general request for ABLETON to consider 4K monitors for all products. Live9 in this aspect simply SUCKS !
and forum is not better. I use 20+ other forums and most of them support uploading pictures, sound files etc. This one is the worst (although it uses phpBB which is one of the best forum platforms). It is just laziness of administrators who do not want to spend time to make it better :-(
Are really ableton.com or forum.ableton.com the only sites with font size issues on your 4k display? There are millions of sites with very similar technical designs so there should be quite a few in your history displaying similar issues.

Largely font size on the web was solved years ago allowing for different resolutions and sizes with a virtual resolution of fonts — this is ingrained in most browsers — and fluid "responsive" web designs that re-flows and scales in different sizes. There are some issues with images, but not fonts, most of the time anyway.

Some sites may not support this to the extent this aspect is solved automatically with 4k (or 5k) displays. What I can say it's a non-issue (for font sizes) on retina displays in a majority of cases. I've done multiple sites for years that have similar visual sizes in the same browser on Retina displays as on a 72dpi resolution display. Of course 4k are roughly about twice as dense as Retina.

I'm aware there seems to be issues with 4k (I assume also 5k?) and Ableton Live. As I've expressed elsewhere I hope this gets a solution. This problem technically is different enough than font sizes on the web, even if it does involve font sizes and resolution. On the web you can at least do something about it and route around the problem. Let's hope Ableton can solve the Live problem.
Make some music!

Kypresso
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by Kypresso » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:00 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:using another browser and saving the settings is not an option because then all other sites and pages are way to big. No browser supports saving settings related to particular site (At the moment).
Firefox v53 lets me set a different zoom level for each tab and seems to remember it. I do use tab groups as well, so i rarely close down often used sites.

fishmonkey
Posts: 4218
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 am

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:05 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:using another browser and saving the settings is not an option because then all other sites and pages are way to big. No browser supports saving settings related to particular site (At the moment).
nope, you are wrong about this one.
badbrainz wrote: I'm a drummer, so I'm already at an intellectual disadvantage here

TomKern
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by TomKern » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:31 am

[erm] wrote: And the fact that we're busy working on something more fun than the forums perhaps :wink:
8O
Please don't mess with the forum format :?
It's not broke, so no need to fix it.

"Fun" does not sound like fun to me. Please don't go social media on us :(

Gnuus
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR ADMIN

Post by Gnuus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:03 am

aklisiewicz wrote: No browser supports saving settings related to particular site (At the moment).
Try the Brave browser!
http://myspace.com/aftronics
Live 10 Intro | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16 GB Ram | Samaon Graphite 49 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | iPad air | ZOOM TAC-2 | Roland TD11

Post Reply