NI keyboard issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

NI keyboard issue

Post by aklisiewicz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:26 am

I purchased NI Komplete Kontrol Keyboard (66). I have wired issue with the 2 keys.
The keys: A#5 and B5 behave as midi controllers for PLAY and RECORD buttons. When the keyboard is in MIDI mode and I hit those keys LIVE starts either play or record. When I open MIDI panel I have no assignments in it. Anybody knows how to remove those CCs so the keyboard does not send it.
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

digitalgeist

Re: NI keyboard issue

Post by digitalgeist » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:33 am

Have you followed these steps:
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... /209557689

And are you loading Komplete Kontrol as an Instrument Rack?
--
Thanks!
Alex K/ Digital Geist

http://www.digitalgeist.com

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:02 am

Yes I did. The keyboard is working the only problem is with the MIDI mode and 2 keys being assigned in Live. I'm going to reinstall blank template into editor and send it to the keyboard. Hope this will solve the issue.
Sadarahu

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 pm

I think I cleared out all the setting in Abe and NI and still when I press one white key on the keyboard Live starts recording.
NI not responding :-(
Sadarahu

digitalgeist

Post by digitalgeist » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:21 pm

The only thing I can think of...are you using Komplete Kontrol as a control surface in Live?
Preferences > Link/MIDI > Control Surface

I noticed before I had it set up correctly that in either Cubase or Live if I hit the Play or Record buttons (without using Komplete Kontrol plugin) that I would hear musical notes instead, not sure if that would be related or not.
--
Thanks!
Alex K/ Digital Geist

http://www.digitalgeist.com

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:25 pm

In your MIDI Prefs do you happen to have the "Komplete Kontrol-1" input set for "Remote" control? If so, disable it. If you have the keyboard transport buttons working correctly using the komplete Kontrol-DAW input then it sounds like you are also sending this from the keybed too which uses the other driver.

Otherwise check if you have any MIDI mapped within Live to the transport buttons (from another controller).

Wabblo

Post by Wabblo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Did you ever figure this out?
Even with Remote checked OFF, these two keys in teh upper register control the STOP amnd PLAY buttons. It is very annoy8ng!
Looking around for answers as to where to disable this.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Wabblo wrote:Did you ever figure this out?
Even with Remote checked OFF, these two keys in teh upper register control the STOP amnd PLAY buttons. It is very annoy8ng!
Looking around for answers as to where to disable this.
Well if you do not have the MIDI part of the keyboard set to "Remote" them check your MIDI mappings in Live. You may have mapped something to your play/stop buttons (and set as a start template) for another controller for Play/Stop such as a button and it's sending the same note signals.

Wabblo

Post by Wabblo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi thanks for your help. I don't have Remote turned on for the KK, and no MIDI mappings that I can see in Live. I look in the controller Editor expecting to be able to edit this, but cannot find a way to see this assignment: A5 is STOP Bb5 is PLAY and D5 is Loop

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Wabblo wrote:Hi thanks for your help. I don't have Remote turned on for the KK, and no MIDI mappings that I can see in Live. I look in the controller Editor expecting to be able to edit this, but cannot find a way to see this assignment: A5 is STOP Bb5 is PLAY and D5 is Loop
Open MIDI Map (CTRL + M) in Live and see if anything is learned to the Play/Stop buttons

If it is neither midi remote enabled or a midi assignment then no further ideas.

MrQ

Post by MrQ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Before the Ableton upgrade my Kontol S25's transport controls were working fine.
Had the same issue as described here.

My workaround is as follows.

I killed the Komplete49 in folder /Applications/Ableton Live 9 Suite.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts
Placed the Komplete_Kontrol_Mk1, as per latest instructions in there. (You have to use MK2, if you have the newer keyboard)

In Preferences / MIDI, I set as a control surface Komplete Kontrol MK1, with input and output to KOMPLETE KONTROL

Midi Ports
Input: Komplete Kontrol MK1 [Track ON] [Sync OFF] [Remote Off]
Input: Komplete Kontrol DAW [Track OFF] [Sync OFF] [Remote On]

Then I mapped my transport button, via MIDI mapping (Control-M)

That worked for me

soundfx

Post by soundfx » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:45 pm

I used to have that problem.

But last week I installed updated drivers and followed the updated instructions to re-install 'Instrument' Komplete Kontrol VST.adg The updated instructions now also mention KK MK2 keyboards.

Don't forget to also follow instructions on what to select in Preferences > Link / Midi > Control Surface - there should be a new Komplete Kontrol MK1 or MK2 depending on what you have.

Everything was fixed for me.