Behringer FCB1010 midi channel programming

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
msintros

Behringer FCB1010 midi channel programming

Post by msintros » Sat May 06, 2017 10:25 pm

Reading the manual, it seems that only one MIDI channel can be set at any given time and to change this, you have to power the unit off and turn it on again while holding the DOWN button to get it into the global configuration mode? This seems like it can't possibly be the case. That means your entire unit is bound to one MIDI channel unless you can turn it off and back on again? That seems incredibly inflexible.

Please someone who has experience with this unit tell me it ain't so and how to program different channels within a bank or preset.

fishmonkey

Re: Behringer FCB1010 midi channel programming

Post by fishmonkey » Sun May 07, 2017 12:13 am

are you programming the FCB1010 manually? if so, that's not much fun. there are a number of different software utilities out there that make programming it much easier.

when i had an FCB1010, i used this (which is OS X only):

http://www.wabbitwanch.com/iFCB.html
badbrainz wrote: I'm a drummer, so I'm already at an intellectual disadvantage here

msintros

Re: Behringer FCB1010 midi channel programming

Post by msintros » Sun May 07, 2017 12:43 am

Yeah I'm programming it manually. I don't have much trouble doing most things, even if it is a lot of key presses. I really wish Behringer had a free utility for programming it. The fact that the only option for this is to pay for a third party program is pretty lame.

Still, I'd like to know if this is actually possible on the device or if I am indeed stuck transmitting on one channel unless I reprogram it.