Ableton Live 9 and Novation Ultranova audio playback problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Artmuzz

Ableton Live 9 and Novation Ultranova audio playback problem

Post by Artmuzz » Wed May 24, 2017 8:56 am

I have my Novation Ultranova connected to my MacBook Pro via USB and using it as an audio interface. I have a problem though. When I create an audio track on Ableton Live and record my Ultranova's onboard sounds there seems to be stuttering when I playback what I have recorded. I have tried adjusting the buffer but the problem still remains. Is there any fix? Please advise.

Artmuzz

Re: Ableton Live 9 and Novation Ultranova audio playback problem

Post by Artmuzz » Thu May 25, 2017 2:11 pm

I'm a bit disappointed that I have no replies yet. I am still having this problem. I have tried changing sample rate and latency but I am still getting the audio from my Ultranova crackling and stuttering on Ableton Live and Logic Pro X. Could this be a problem with me using MacOS Sierra or could it be the USB cable. Please advise.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu May 25, 2017 2:53 pm

If you haven't gotten replies, it could just be that no one else can reproduce this and thus might not have anything to post that would help. Have you tried a different USB cable? Are there drivers for the Ultranova you need to install? Have you contacted Novation to see what they recommend?

Artmuzz

Post by Artmuzz » Thu May 25, 2017 4:11 pm

I have tried different USB cables but the problem persists. I may have to contact Novation support.

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Thu May 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Yes, definitely contact Novation. I have worked with them on several occasions and they have always been incredibly helpful.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute