Automated sampling tools: Samplit vs. SampleRobot

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
doghouse

Automated sampling tools: Samplit vs. SampleRobot

Post by doghouse » Wed May 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Curious if anyone is using either Samplit or SampleRobot to auto-sample hardware instruments. I have hard time believing these things actually work so I'm looking for actual user experiences.

I'm on a Mac and concerned that SampleRobot is not native, it runs on top of Wine. The full blown Sample Robot suite is twice the price of Samplit, although the base tool is only $10 cheaper.

rhythmhead

Re: Automated sampling tools: Samplit vs. SampleRobot

Post by rhythmhead » Fri May 26, 2017 3:36 pm

I haven't tried SampleRobot and only had limited success with Samplit. However I have had a great deal of success with MainStage and their AutoSampler. Apple actually bought Redmatica Autosampler which was probably to first successful commercial autosampler and now includes it in MainStage for only $30USD (A lot cheaper than Samplit and SampleRobot). The MainStage autosampler does only create EXS24 patches but Ableton imports them just fine.

glenesis

Post by glenesis » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:27 am

The free version of the Akai MPC desktop software has an auto sampler built in for zero dollars. It looks good, and there are tons of tutorials on YouTube. I have it installed but have not used it yet. I think it only samples to BWAV, but that should be fine for anything.

glenesis

Post by glenesis » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:09 pm

Yes, MPC Beats has an auto sampler.