trapmonsters.com Illegally selling my NKS packs!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jestermgee

trapmonsters.com Illegally selling my NKS packs!

Post by jestermgee » Tue May 30, 2017 12:50 pm

This is more to do with Native Instruments than Ableton but i'm trying to just bring light to these sharks.

Some of you may be aware of the Push Preset packs I created for Omnisphere/Trilian/Sylenth. I kind of stopped when I got a NI S Series keyboard and started doing the same for their platform making preset packs and also working with blind users to help map plugins for easy use.

So I was notified about trapmonsters.com video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmqHZe0KkGI

Showing "their" NKS packs but what I noted in this video was the tags and control layout are EXACTLY the same as what I created when I made the NKS packs allowing Omnisphere, Sylenth, Xpand, Trilian and others to work with the Native Instruments S Series Keyboards.. They have purchased my NKS packs and posted them for sale on their site.

https://www.trapmonsters.com/plugins/drumkits/sounds/

I can easily prove my own creations and recognise them as any mother would with their child. They contain the exact same layout for controls, the same tagging I created and the same documentation is flashed up on screen though formatted slightly differently. If I had to I could show the actual scripts I used.

Here is a screen shot of my library Vs the one they are promoting:

Things to note is the custom [Library] tag I use and also the layout and labels of the controls have to be done manually and in no way would one do the same setup manually the same as another.

Here is the page to the same pack this guy is talking about and if you care enough to have a look you will see this is daylight piracy.

http://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php ... te-kontrol

If you have purchased them you have been ripped off because I am the creator and I have recently created updates to some of these. I also really need the income to keep my site hosted. I'm a small time guy who spent a lot of time designing scripts and have assisted many users here. I expected my packs to maybe be on torrent sites but to blatantly rip them off and resell them is very low.

If you happen to have some time, please drop your comments on their videos, at their website and help me take them down. It's one thing to just rip it off but to try and profit from someone elses work is a disgrace and having spent many thousands of $$$ on all my software it's very disheartening to see this kind of ripoff.

I guess what can one really do tho, that's just what some people do :(

jestermgee

Re: trapmonsters.com Illegally selling my NKS packs!

Post by jestermgee » Tue May 30, 2017 2:54 pm

I've posted on NI's forum. I have also contacted Youtube with a copyright infringement notice. I mean check this shit out:

A side by side of "his" manual which he stupidly flashed a screen shot and my manual... Word for word.

I can't obviously get much done about this other than bring it to light. While I generally accept this kind of thing will just get handed around and the honest people see the value in donating a measly $10 (AU too which is about $6.50 US) I wouldn't ever expect to see someone just resell someone elses work like that.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Tue May 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Dude, so sorry to hear this. This is not cool at all. What a dick move.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Tue May 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Hey man, for what it's worth, I launched an enquiry with the Indiana Better Business Bureau. Not sure what that will do, but I'm really angry for you, mate. I'm a business owner, and I can only imagine how it feels to have someone take something you've worked on and then sell it as their own.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue May 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Hey cheers man.

Yeah it's a kick right now. I was made Redundant 2 months ago and have been scratching for work as is so the small amounts that trickle in from donors means a hell of a lot to me. I'm no professional producer, just a very enthusiastic hobbyist that gets occasional work as a DJ and film grip/boom operator etc.

I've collected all the info I can gather at the moment because it's even word-for-word knockoff of the manual I wrote too which is date stamped etc and even in his video he hasn't really a clue where to copy things.

I've got a lot of supportive people on the NI forums. I'm quite active there and some have started to post on the videos and report them to youtube too so that may help.

Always tried to do the right things, I own every instrument I use, every piece of software and have never had issues paying for these kinds of things. Just doesn't make sense why someone would even bother with this kind of thing.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:37 am

send them a cease and desist letter (check google for examples). ive had success with this kind of thing. .you have any friends who are lawyers? hope you can work it out.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 am

They have taken all the items off the website now after sending them examples of what they have and what I have and pressed further action on them. They claimed they created them at first but of course couldn't back anything up so have removed them.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:18 pm

jestermgee wrote:They have taken all the items off the website now after sending them examples of what they have and what I have and pressed further action on them. They claimed they created them at first but of course couldn't back anything up so have removed them.
Well, that's a victory, mate. I'm glad you didn't have to resort to anything more (since that would have cost $$$s). That's so cheeky claiming they created it first. Makes me wonder how much of their stuff is ripped off from other unsuspecting folks.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:49 am

Thought i'd just update on this.

Youtube agreed with me after providing them with evidence that they illegally ripped off my own work and took the video offline and sent trapmonsters a copyright infringement notice. I also took note of all the software he has claimed to use in his videos and sent all companies f that software a little note just giving them a heads up to check if he is legally using their software.

Was impressed with the speed that youtube worked on this occasion and the fact I was able to actually prove my own work. It's worth the time for even the small guys to pursue a case where they believe their work has illegally been used or stolen

maky355

Post by maky355 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Glad you sorted it out.

Good to know. I'll alert everyone to not buy any garbage from them.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:47 pm

What a disgrace , im so happy with your Omnisphere for Push, and im doing the same work as you but only for push the last 2 year and build up a group for Push Vst Racks, i know some will end up in torrent places, but stealing and then selling them ,thats the new low, wish you the best and it seems you won :) good luck and great you tube reacted fast, by the way they also react when they shouldn't, but thats a whole other story

Best regards
Tim