Mac: missing Python/remote-script-framework folder!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
infinitystairs

Mac: missing Python/remote-script-framework folder!

Post by infinitystairs » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:34 am

Windows users, apparently you have a folder which contains the decompiled Python framework classes:
{Live Installation Folder}/Resources/Python/remote-script-framework

I can't find this on Mac, Live 9.7.2.

Does this exist? Where can I find it?

fishmonkey

Re: Mac: missing Python/remote-script-framework folder!

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:21 am

right click on Ableton Live in your Applications folder, and select "Show package contents" from the pop-up context menu.

once in, you'll find the folder in Contents->App-Resources->Python

infinitystairs

Post by infinitystairs » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:55 am

Hi fishmonkey, I looked there. Inside Python folder, I have these files, but no "remote-script-framework" -

abl.live
abl.webconnector
lib
scripts
site-packages

I have searched and hunted through all these sub-folders. No remote-script-framework to be found.

Is this something that I missed because I have an upgraded 9.7.2 instead of a fresh install?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm on Windows but I'm pretty sure I got all my sources from here : https://github.com/gluon/AbletonLive9_RemoteScripts

If I'm tinkering with remotescripts I very often use a Python decompiler to look at the most recent installed files
I use this one, which while useless for OP might be useful to somebody else : https://github.com/aliansi/Easy-Python- ... ler-v1.3.2

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:52 pm

infinitystairs wrote:Hi fishmonkey, I looked there. Inside Python folder, I have these files, but no "remote-script-framework" -

abl.live
abl.webconnector
lib
scripts
site-packages

I have searched and hunted through all these sub-folders. No remote-script-framework to be found.

Is this something that I missed because I have an upgraded 9.7.2 instead of a fresh install?
sorry, i dunno the answer to that one. i have the folder. i'm still on 9.7.1 but i have no idea if that makes any difference or not...

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:16 pm

That folder only existed in Live 9.7.1. In earlier and later versions, you'll find the folders it contained (_Framework and ableton) in Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts on Windows and App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts on OS X.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:29 pm

metastatik wrote:That folder only existed in Live 9.7.1. In earlier and later versions, you'll find the folders it contained (_Framework and ableton) in Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts on Windows and App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts on OS X.
I might be confused but I think the OP seems to be looking for decompiled scripts and AFAIK those folders contain compiled .pyc
Unless I'm mistaken about all this the OP needs to either download those from the 3rd party git, or decompile them manually.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:39 pm

in my 9.7.1 install there is both the source code and byte code...

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Angstrom wrote:I might be confused but I think the OP seems to be looking for decompiled scripts and AFAIK those folders contain compiled .pyc
Unless I'm mistaken about all this the OP needs to either download those from the 3rd party git, or decompile them manually.
Right, you covered that in your previous post. I was just pointing out where the folders in question can normally be found (their location on 9.7.1 is a fluke), which the OP will need to know in order to decompile the files they contain.

infinitystairs

Post by infinitystairs » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:26 pm

What I was getting at is this:
Cylab has a nice updated Github repo of the decompiled Midi Remote Scripts here, along with branches for past versions of Live:
https://github.com/cylab/AbletonLive9_RemoteScripts

The README says that he removed the _Framework files as of 9.6 because they are available in the install. I can't find these decompiled framework files on my Mac 9.7.2.

>Live_9.6 - only the 9.6 scripts and LiveControl, since the framework is available at {Live Installation Folder}/Resources/Python/remote-script-framework

No big deal - I can decompile them myself - but out of convenience it would be nice to reference the already-decompiled files if they are in fact on my Mac.