Looking for Surround Sound Info

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
loophead

Re: Thanks for the replies

Post by loophead » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:18 pm

gaspode wrote:
Per Boysen wrote:
gaspode wrote: To answer one of the other posts though, unfortunately you cannot rewire absynth or kontakt into Live as neither are rewire compatible instruments.
Can't you open Kontakt as a plug-in? And direct surround outputs to the right place.

--> Hambone1
Awesome stuff you're describing! My dream is to set up that type of surround gigs with live music. I'm a musician more than a DJ.
Nope, when you load a plugin in live, all you can do is get access to the first 2 channels of audio output. The rest of the data is lost.
I guess this is a windows issue because on my mac I sure can ! Cronox, Absynth, Reaktor 5, Darbuka and others (even a multi out plug like mTonic or Sampletank. I direct them where I want them. I am also in 4.1 (no center) and use 1 return track as my control for the rear speakers (since they took away my MIX BUSS VIEW !?!?!) works fine.

I think in Windows VST is only 2 channel but anyone could check by taking an Audio Track selecting input from a midi track with a multi out plugin and see if the second drop down I/O menu allows you to point to 'aux' channels of the said plugin. I know on Mac you have the option of instantiating 'surround' version or 'stereo' version of some of the mentioned plugins.
Live 607 Mac G5 dual 2.0 Ghz w/ 3.5 gig ram
OS X 10.4.10, Motu 828mk2, c-thru axis, Too many plugins "detective chief superintendent"

Machinate

Re: Thanks for the replies

Post by Machinate » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:21 am

loophead wrote: I know on Mac you have the option of instantiating 'surround' version or 'stereo' version of some of the mentioned plugins.
same on pc... multi-out vsts are very easily routed in Live
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.