Ableton - DJ set - EQs low, mid and high

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
asmusic

Ableton - DJ set - EQs low, mid and high

Post by asmusic » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Hi all,

new here.. so please have patience. Quick question.

I use Ableton for creating DJ mixes but wanted to know if anyone could help me plug-in a 3 level EQ with low, mid and high ranges?

The reason for this is that I can create a cleaner mix in-between tracks. Adding taking away bass, mid range or high to one track and removing from another as it ends.

Thanks in advance.

Tarekith

Re: Ableton - DJ set - EQs low, mid and high

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:32 pm

There's a plug in called EQ3 in Live for just this purpose :)

asmusic

Post by asmusic » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:22 pm

than you.... will check it out.

also looked at a side chaining video on you tube... so all looks really interesting.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:38 pm

asmusic wrote: I use Ableton for creating DJ mixes but wanted to know if anyone could help me plug-in a 3 level EQ with low, mid and high ranges?
The 3 band EQ that comes with Live is not very well sounding, certainly not something I'd use for DJ mixes. If you have EQ8 you will be much better off using that as the filters are of higher quality and can be run in oversampled mode as well.

To be able to target predetermined band ranges you can choose a band and wrap EQ8 with an audio effects rack. Then map one of the macros in the effects rack to the band you want to affect. You can map multiple knobs in EQ8 and work on the ranges afterwards so that when you increase/decrease a band gain the Q factor increases/decreases more or less as well.

If you don't have EQ8 (Intro and Lite) there's plenty of free great EQ plug-ins like for instance TDR Nova, a parallel dynamic equalizer or TDR VOS SlickEQ, a mixing/mastering equalizer that sounds truly great!
Make some music!

Stace30

Post by Stace30 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 am

StromKraft you are a star! Thanks for the link and reminder! I was recommended about these plugins (TDR Nova, EQ) not so long ago but forgot all about getting them.
Live 10 Suite, M4L, MPC TOUCH - MPC software v2.7, Reason 4, Komplete 11, i7 Laptop, 12g Ram, Win 10, Adam A7's & Genelec 8010's - Joined Forum in 2006.