SKINS WONT SHOW IN PREFERENCES

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BAMBEROO

SKINS WONT SHOW IN PREFERENCES

Post by BAMBEROO » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 am

Ive got 30+ skins loaded (ASK files) on live 9 suite on win7 in C/Programme Data/Ableton/ live 9 suite/resources/skins - however no matter what I do it will only show the generic 8 skin options in look and feel- skins!!!!

Martin Gifford

Re: SKINS WONT SHOW IN PREFERENCES

Post by Martin Gifford » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:32 am

BAMBEROO wrote:Ive got 30+ skins loaded (ASK files) on live 9 suite on win7 in C/Programme Data/Ableton/ live 9 suite/resources/skins - however no matter what I do it will only show the generic 8 skin options in look and feel- skins!!!!
Either the location is wrong or the file extension is wrong. Did you install an Ableton update alongside a previous version of Live? Are the skins *.ask?

BAMBEROO

Post by BAMBEROO » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:55 pm

thanks for the reply - yeah they're all ASK ( in capitals) files and yes i have updates loaded. im on win 7 and My programme data folder for ableton contains Live 9 suite-Live 9 suite updated as well as Live 9 standard and live 9 standard updated however I have copied all the skin files into every Resource/skins folder available in the hope that one must be right- but it isnt!!

Martin Gifford

Post by Martin Gifford » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:12 am

BAMBEROO wrote:thanks for the reply - yeah they're all ASK ( in capitals) files and yes i have updates loaded. im on win 7 and My programme data folder for ableton contains Live 9 suite-Live 9 suite updated as well as Live 9 standard and live 9 standard updated however I have copied all the skin files into every Resource/skins folder available in the hope that one must be right- but it isnt!!
Why are they in capitals? Whoever did that might have accidentally placed a space before or after "ASK", or before the file name?

BAMBEROO

Post by BAMBEROO » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks for the response, just to update, they are all .ask files lower case ( I was looking at the wrong column !!!)however I still can only load the first 8 skins. Ive looked at every conceivable resources/skins folder I can find but they still will not load. I do have old ableton updates still loaded and older versions- should I delete??

Martin Gifford

Post by Martin Gifford » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:05 am

BAMBEROO wrote:Thanks for the response, just to update, they are all .ask files lower case ( I was looking at the wrong column !!!)however I still can only load the first 8 skins. Ive looked at every conceivable resources/skins folder I can find but they still will not load. I do have old ableton updates still loaded and older versions- should I delete??
Did you check for space before or after "ask"?

Open C drive and make sure "Hidden items" is ticked. Then put this in the search box:

name: skins

Then see if there are any ableton resources folders that don't have the additional *.ask files.

BAMBEROO

Post by BAMBEROO » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:56 am

Finally!! Thanks for the response, after the search as mentioned I found another skins folder for the 64 bit version ( I came late to updating!!!!) and that was the culprit. I was loading them into the wrong folder!!! Think I need to clean out some of these older files. Great response from the forum, many thanks