Volume Faders midi mapping poorly

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Soundtrackband

Volume Faders midi mapping poorly

Post by Soundtrackband » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:14 pm

I've got an Electrix Tweaker and when I try to map the A and B faders, the volume goes from 0 to max with no gradual change in between. Is the controller defective? Everything else seems to map more or less correctly. While I'm here, is it possible to map the same buttons to the same functions on different tracks? THis controller is discontinued. I'm glad I got it on sale because I'm starting to wonder if it's dead weight.

yur2die4

Re: Volume Faders midi mapping poorly

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:16 pm

On the bottom left corner of the screen during midi mapping there is a drop down for selecting the kind of midi mapping.

You could go trial and error or look up what kind your controller is set to. Sometimes moving your control a lot when mapping it helps Live guess better.

Soundtrackband

Post by Soundtrackband » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:35 pm

I tried this, and I found where to change the parameters from infinity to -60, but it's just jumping between the bounds, nothing gradual. Makes everything useless. Faders are mapping fine in Traktor. Blast you, ableton! I mean, cmon, custom controller. I guess I need to check if something is missing on the software side.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:24 am

You're referring to the wrong thing.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:30 am

Okay. I looked up how the controller is set up via this link. http://www.electrixpro.com/knowledgebas ... -settings/

It appears that when you move a control it transmits both a cc number and a note number.

Make sure it is mapped as a cc and not a note.

If it maps as a note, hit Undo without touching the controller and it should probably choose the CC.

Soundtrackband

Post by Soundtrackband » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:52 am

I spoke too soon. I changed some settings in the midi preferences, now everything is cc, and the faders work, but not the knobs. How do I select cc or notes? Thanks.