Can't put Waves plugins in custom folders?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
beats me

Can't put Waves plugins in custom folders?

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:34 pm

Mac OS Sierra.

I finally got around to putting my plugins in custom folders by creating aliases. Big workflow and rediscovering plugins I have improver. However, it doesn't appear you can do this with Waves plugins because they use some weird shell and .bundle format. I want their compressors in my compressor folder, reverbs in my reverb folder, etc. Is this possible?

jestermgee

Re: Can't put Waves plugins in custom folders?

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:04 pm

You could make an instrument rack and load the VST inside that. That's how I create custom groups like that.

Richie Witch

Re: Can't put Waves plugins in custom folders?

Post by Richie Witch » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Yeah, Waves is unique in that regard. Because of that shell they use, there is no way to separate their plugins to different folders and still have the plugins work. It's completely annoying.

IK Multimedia does something similar, but at least with their plugins, you can make a copy of the .dll to put in your custom folders and everything still works fine.
Win7/Intel i7 rig | Live 9.7.5 | Yamaha, Korg, and Novation synths, and 12U of Eurorack | Mackie Onyx 1620i mixer/interface | various outboard gear | Dune 2, Circle2, Enzyme, Kontakt |
current studio pic -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/svVvXwLuCSjVJG8c2