RME 802 interface with TotalMix Glitch with Ableton Push 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
StephenDisario

RME 802 interface with TotalMix Glitch with Ableton Push 2

Post by StephenDisario » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Hello,
So I noticed today when I have my push (mk2) turned on my control over TotalMix is completely taken away, I cannot control the volume, fox's, or anything. The green volume meters flash on and off as if there is some sort of interruption. The moment I turn push off, I can control everything again. I reinstalled TotalMix a few times as well as ableton. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

lowshelf

Re: RME 802 interface with TotalMix Glitch with Ableton Push 2

Post by lowshelf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Have you got TotalMix > Options menu > Enable MIDI Control turned off?

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:34 am

that would be my first guess too, since TotalMix can be controlled via MIDI...

tkaras

Post by tkaras » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi,

did you solve the problem? I have the same issue too with RME Firface UFX and Ableton. when I load a certain Live-Set, it changes the settings of Total Mix and I get the message of a missmatch. the Flickering only start if I press the mix button on the push.

If anybody has an Idea?

TLW

Post by TLW » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Other than checking Totalmix has it’s MIDI control setting turned off I can’t think of any reason why either Live or any MIDI controller or synth would affect Totalmix settings. I’ve used Windows and Macs, several DAWs and a lot of assorted MIDI hardware while I’ve had my UFX and never seen anything like this - but I don’t have a Push or Push2.

You might try asking RME support, who usually respond fairly quickly, or raising it in RME’s forums.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.