ASIO4All not working!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TribEcho

ASIO4All not working!!!!!

Post by TribEcho » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:22 am

hello, this is my first post in here as I only created an account out of desperation to fix this problem. I recently had to transfer all my music software and files onto my roommates laptop because my other one decided to shit itself. Everything was going great until I decided i wanted to do some recording, as I quickly noticed that there was no audio being recorded on Ableton. I am running the latest version of ASIO4All on Ableton Live 9 Lite version. The laptop is some mediocre Gateway running Windows 10 and I have already gone through many other posts telling of similar problems but to no avail. The MS wave synth is not activated, there is no audio being ran in any other application, and by all means this should be working. Interestingly enough, I found that if I enter the Realtek audio manager and turn on the microphone's playback, I can hear everything the mic is picking up just fine. This would be perfect except it is then always listening and when I turn on the audio in ableton and try to record i get a significant amount of feedback. MME/Directx is able to record audio just fine on this computer so i really don't understand what the problem is but as a musician this is driving me insane. If anyone has any ideas that could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

yur2die4

Re: ASIO4All not working!!!!!

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:46 am

What mic do you plan to record with? You should use headphones so you don't get feedback.

As for ASIO4ALL, sometimes you have to hit Configure and hit the wrench and deactivate any inputs or outputs that are unused. This will ensure that you only use the ones you intend to use. Might take trial and error.

Additionally, you might have to configure Windows recording and playback audio devices so that your desired input and output sources are not set as the defaults for the system in Windows.

TribEcho

Post by TribEcho » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:06 am

yur2die4 wrote:What mic do you plan to record with? You should use headphones so you don't get feedback.

As for ASIO4ALL, sometimes you have to hit Configure and hit the wrench and deactivate any inputs or outputs that are unused. This will ensure that you only use the ones you intend to use. Might take trial and error.

Additionally, you might have to configure Windows recording and playback audio devices so that your desired input and output sources are not set as the defaults for the system in Windows.
I can't remember the model of mic but it's just your average condenser mic ran through a Behringer XENYX502 5-Channel Mixer. I hit the wrench and the HD audio input is "beyond logic". I tried shutting off other inputs and outputs but no combination i tried worked. I already ordered an audio interface after seeing that realtek has caused problems for many other people with ASIO.

Liam

Post by Liam » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Had a slight problem until I updated asio4all

try updating.