Tempo problems in LIVE with songs that I drag

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ItamarFriedman

Tempo problems in LIVE with songs that I drag

Post by ItamarFriedman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi... I know it may sound like a very noob question - but i have a problem that I woild like to solve - How do i feat the
tempo in live to the playback that i dragged ? i mean... i drag the track and the he makes some noise issues, and he's not playing like it should be, i am trying to
"play" with the tempo but nothing helps... do i have any option to cancel the tempo option and just let the song play like it is on my pc and youtube ?

thanks !

yur2die4

Re: Tempo problems in LIVE with songs that I drag

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:40 pm

This has to do with clip 'warp'. Warp is a powerful tool which allows you to take any content and tempo sync it with any other content, making it very easy to work with.

The problem is that unless a clip is warped properly, the tempo could be way way off.

The easy solution is to turn Warp off on the clip. It will play at its original tempo and be unaffected by any temp changes of the master tempo. Also, it won't automatically sync with anything else in the program. It'd have to be done by hand.

sandmann

Post by sandmann » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:57 pm

so you mean. no matter how fast or slow the clip is, yo can easily warp it to your defined beat? cause i got same issue as well

thx
push2 /mbp 2015/ a lot of instruments and motivation
https://soundcloud.com/pjpp

cheers

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:02 pm

You Warp the clip to be at its actual tempo. And warping should usually be done by the user. Live does not always guess correctly. Live's approximation are usually based on whatever tempo the current set is and the material in the clip.

Once you Warp the clip so that when Live is at the clip's real tempo it would play naturally, then you can apply that clip to any situation. In some cases you may have to double or half the warping (conveniently done with the buttons on the interface), but it should still match up after it is 'properly' warped. Proper warping can take practice, but it is a great way to understand how Live works.

sandmann

Post by sandmann » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:07 pm

8) nice, pretty cool described. thx for that info man ;) cheers
push2 /mbp 2015/ a lot of instruments and motivation
https://soundcloud.com/pjpp

cheers

ItamarFriedman

Post by ItamarFriedman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:55 am

Is there any chance that you will upload a picture that shows what do you mean by "wrap" the song please ?