Are you aware of this bug?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
diegux

Re: Are you aware of this bug?

Post by diegux » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:07 pm

This is getting off topic, but this monitoring behavior you are bringing to the table is latency dependent isn't it?
If you have low latency the discrepancy will be smaller.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:26 pm

diegux wrote:This is getting off topic, but this monitoring behavior you are bringing to the table is latency dependent isn't it?
If you have low latency the discrepancy will be smaller.

I was trying to point out a well known feature of Live that would affect your results in the scenario you were describing even if there is a bug and it is removed. No matter if there is little latency there is bound to be a timing difference, because you can even hear 1 sample differences under certain circumstances.

At least this monitor setting timing placement thing is something Live users need to be aware of. It's only a problem if you're unaware and won't work with Live to get the results you want and instead try to fight it. ("you", here meaning the user).

I haven't done much tests in this area, only enough to understand the issues, the solutions and the work flow adjustments needed. I've discussed this elsewhere as have many others so won't get into detail here.

I've never had your issue, even as I use tap tempo, but it hasn't been with high quality recordings, just a rehearsals, so might have been present.
Make some music!

asarghmatey

Post by asarghmatey » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:30 pm

I'm having the same issue. I don't understand what is meant by "monitor on". The options I have are In, Auto, and Off. I've tried each with the same result.

Another poster mentioned turning off quantization for the midi track, but I can't find that option.

Any help would be appreciated.