Can I reverse-time-correct an arrangement?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
neutrino

Can I reverse-time-correct an arrangement?

Post by neutrino » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:26 pm

I have a strange situation that I'm curious to know if there's a solution to. I'm doing a live music video recording at which there will not be a metronome for the musician. I would like to make some simple backing tracks to add to the music video when everything is done. My question is if I make all of my tracks in Ableton they'll be perfectly on time however the music video audio will not be perfectly in time so is there a way for me to track the imperfect timing of the original music video track recorded live and apply that to my Ableton arrangement so that the hits will line up?

Angstrom

Re: Can I reverse-time-correct an arrangement?

Post by Angstrom » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:25 pm

you need the master/slave warp thing, it only works in the arrangement.

9.2.1 Tempo Master/Slave , in the manual
https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/audio ... ster-slave
The clip that is the current tempo master will play as if warping was off, but with one important difference — the rest of the Live Set will be warped so that it plays in sync with the current tempo master.

redglass

Re: Can I reverse-time-correct an arrangement?

Post by redglass » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Have a look on melodyne studio 4. Melodyne studio 4 is able to analyse the tempo and matches beats and loops to the flexible tempo of a live recording. This funtion they call tempo detection but only works stand alone, not in VST/AU with a DAW.