the best book to learn about ableton in deep

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
nahyan

the best book to learn about ableton in deep

Post by nahyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:44 pm

hello everyone:

i was wondering about wich book you can recommended me guys to learn everything about ableton live 9,
i was using ableton live for long time ago, and i was learn from videos and tutorials but i feel i still don't know everything. i was looking for a book and i saw this 3

Ableton Live 9 Power!: The Comprehensive Guide Book by Jon Margulies
Producing Music with Ableton Live Book by Jake Perrine
Ableton Live 9 Book by Keith M. Robinson

i am not looking something to learn how to produce music it is about to know more in deep ableton 9

thanks every one
Last edited by nahyan on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miyaru

Re: the best book to learn about ableon

Post by miyaru » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Personally, I learned a lot on the forum here, and seeing vids on youtube about Live 9 and Push 2. Furthermore I learned alot from the manual......

All three books look good, but I don'tknow any of the three. Sorry.
Greetings from Miyaru.

Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro40, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Air Hybrid 3, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4 and Scaler.

Tarekith

Re: the best book to learn about ableon

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:38 pm

I can whole-heartedly recommend Jake Perrine's books, very well done.

Richie Witch

Re: the best book to learn about ableton in deep

Post by Richie Witch » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Another vote for Jake Perrine's books, especially "Producing Music with Ableton Live 9" and "Sound Design, Mixing, and Mastering with Ableton Live 9". This is how I got my start. Excellent books!!
Win7/Intel i7 rig | Live 9.7.5 | Yamaha, Korg, and Novation synths, and 12U of Eurorack | Mackie Onyx 1620i mixer/interface | various outboard gear | Dune 2, Circle2, Enzyme, Kontakt |
current studio pic -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/svVvXwLuCSjVJG8c2

gesaffelstein_01

Post by gesaffelstein_01 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:43 am

Been wanting a book as well.

The highly praised Roey Izahki has a new mixing book out on August 23th (according to Amazon)
His previous books are supposed to be good as well. (Not Ableton specific however)

$60 is a lot for a book. But it will be the most modern and up to date book on mixing.
https://www.amazon.com/Mixing-Audio-Con ... oey+izahki
My cool electronic dance tracks
https://soundcloud.com/ineffable_sound

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:32 am

The manual?

I've red it several times over and it's actually well written and easy to follow. I keep it on my phone.

Maybe your after more i depth applicable examples tho.

TheWholeDamnZoo

Post by TheWholeDamnZoo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:23 am

jestermgee wrote:The manual?

I've red it several times over and it's actually well written and easy to follow. I keep it on my phone.

Maybe your after more i depth applicable examples tho.
I was thinking the same thing. To those who recommended the books--what's in them that's missing from the manual?

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:15 am

What's great about Jake Perrine's books is they take you through the entire process of building and mixing a track. At the end of the first book, you have a complete song. By the end of the second book, you've given that song a lot of polish.

The Live manual is great if you have some idea of what you're looking for, or you already understand music production and just need to find the right features in Live. But if you've never made music before, these books will take you step-by-step through the entire process, and teach you a lot of cool tricks along the way.

Oh... and all the samples need to build the song (plus a lot of extras) are included on a disk that comes with the book.
Win7/Intel i7 rig | Live 9.7.5 | Yamaha, Korg, and Novation synths, and 12U of Eurorack | Mackie Onyx 1620i mixer/interface | various outboard gear | Dune 2, Circle2, Enzyme, Kontakt |
current studio pic -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/svVvXwLuCSjVJG8c2