Live 10 Screenshot?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mcpepe

Re: Live 10 Screenshot?

Post by mcpepe » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:57 am

Touch would be great!!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:01 pm

yur2die4 wrote:That is a great point actually.

It might mean they've redesigned the ui to be stretchable, inforget the word, much like what FL Studio has recently done.

And usually with the territory of stretching an interface you get:
Adaptable resolution
Touch features

Note that he is using a Raven monitor.
How do you mean "stretchable" compared to 9.7.4? The GUI is reasonably resizable as it is, with a few omissions. Do you mean the devices and everything else? Plug-ins getting their own zoom and so on?

Some kind of adaptive resolution for the different sized displays out there is very much needed.
Make some music!

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:59 pm

I guess my brain wasn't remembering vector or vectorial layout. Seems popular for daws to adopt this.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:41 pm

yur2die4 wrote:I guess my brain wasn't remembering vector or vectorial layout. Seems popular for daws to adopt this.
Yeah… but the clip and arrangement editors are indeed zoomable as they are, right? Much of that is indeed vector graphics. To some most components can be zoomed with the Zoom settings in Preferences, but clearly there is some limit to the practicality of this.

Zoomable devices and plug-ins, independent of screen resolution, would be really nice. Vector or not is only about crispness of the interface.

I do not think it's sufficient for touchability to have a zoomable or "stretchable" GUI. There's a lot more. Also I think the usefulness of Touch is a bit exaggerated. When we get highrez, lightweight and wireless touch 20" plus displays this might be interesting, otherwise hands on screen comes with ergonomic costs. Occasional touch is probably useful.
Make some music!