Ableton Live 10

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
login

Re: Ableton Live 10

Post by login » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:45 pm

frankswift wrote:Yeah, thats fine, i was only wondering because right now i'm rocking an Intel i7 4770k overclocked @ 4.4 GHz and the newly released i7 8700k can easily reach 5 GHz with watercooling which is a decent boost in itself, however if Live isn't going to properly utilize those 2 extra cores then it is a bit of a waste.
Why you assume that, there is nothing that indicates Live is limited to using 4 cores.

The truth is that right now both things are important: speed and number of cores. But maybe it also depends on how each one of us works and what we use.

For example I think if you are using Live instruments live, with few tracks more speed (to handle a single track easily) would be preferred.

But if someone uses tons of tracks, then more cores might be more important.

I am using that same CPU BTW and the new 8700 looks super neat, really considering upgrading >If I didn't have other stuff to look at.

lebasti

Post by lebasti » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:40 am

alvaro

Post by alvaro » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:48 am

It's not called Live 10 but Live X, and will come with exciting new features:
  • • It’s all screen: you'll be able to play Ableton in full screen mode (if your monitor has a built-in camera, it will not cover it though so there's 'notch' on the top -but developers are working on future updates to fix this –we have the best R&D engineers here in Berlin)

• New durable, stainless steel casing (at least! say goodbye to those garbage cardboard boxes)

• Face ID for proper, automatic project deletion (so you stare at Ableton a few seconds, and all your music projects will go to thrash bin -except the ones not finished yet)

• 12 Mega pixel icons with True-Tone technology (only compatible with retina 4K HDR monitors)

• Ableton Pay™: send all your money safer, faster and easier to Mr. Abletons everywhen you start Live -even when you plug your computer on, no login is longer required.

• And the most important: 3D Animojis are here! The TrueDepth audio engine analyzes more than 50 different animal sounds in your vast farm sample library to mirror your favourite ones in 12 Animoji. Reveal your inner panda, pig, or robot in your compositions.

IMPORTANT: All this info is still classified by Mr. Abletons but I share it with you guys cause i'm feeling confident with you.
A.

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:12 pm

lebasti wrote:Another hint:

https://imgur.com/sQz5Hia
I think, it's serious, these are the live 10 display stands for Loop.

OK. 10. - 12. 11.17 the waiting has an end, Im very pleased and excited.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:42 am

silversurfer60 wrote:

I think, it's serious, these are the live 10 display stands for Loop.

OK. 10. - 12. 11.17 the waiting has an end, Im very pleased and excited.
Yeah hopefully it comes out for distribution at Loop, it's a great year for upgrades for me, and Live coming out earlier than Winter NAAM is perfect timing, since it's generally an expensive upgrade with Suite. Oddly enough my two DAWs (Live and Digital Performer) are both randomly going to 10-X in the next six months. 8)

gimme gimme gimme! :twisted: :) 8) :) :twisted:

lapieuvre

Post by lapieuvre » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Finally a real hint! Getting excited here!
MBP 2018, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.15.7
MBP M1 Max 64 GB Ram, OSX 14.3.1
Live 10.1.43 Suite
Live 11.3.21
Live 12 Beta
Interface : Apollo Twin duo

chrk

Post by chrk » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Machinesworking wrote:Yeah hopefully it comes out for distribution at Loop
They would be begging for disaster, there hasn't been a PUBLIC beta yet.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:44 pm

chrk wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Yeah hopefully it comes out for distribution at Loop
They would be begging for disaster, there hasn't been a PUBLIC beta yet.
I get what you mean by that, but IMO that doesn't help them much in terms of fixing bugs. I really didn't think 8 was anywhere near ready when they released it, but everyone else around here during the public beta was lauding it as the second coming.

The other DAW I use DP doesn't have a public beta, none of of the other DAWs I've used do, it's too wide of a net IMO to get good intel on. The sad fact is odd bugs need to be caught in .0 releases by that same wider audience, and the cheerleading that erupted when 8 came out of beta is testimony to the worthlessness of public betas in terms of squashing bugs before release. Or simply put a loyal customer base screws up public betas, Live has a loyal customer base.

hippo_o_matic

Post by hippo_o_matic » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm a bit confused on how the free upgrade to Live 10 works. Does it mean only people who purchase/upgrade Live 9 in this time period get an upgrade, or is it just a sale on Live 9 with an upgrade to motivate people to buy Live (and anyone who has 9 already gets 10)? Asking because I bought a MIDI that came with Live 9 Lite about a week ago, and was wondering if I should cry because I activated it a week too early.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:11 pm

hippo_o_matic wrote:I'm a bit confused on how the free upgrade to Live 10 works. Does it mean only people who purchase/upgrade Live 9 in this time period get an upgrade, or is it just a sale on Live 9 with an upgrade to motivate people to buy Live (and anyone who has 9 already gets 10)? Asking because I bought a MIDI that came with Live 9 Lite about a week ago, and was wondering if I should cry because I activated it a week too early.
As it always works with these things, anyone who buys Live 9 after the announcement of Live 10 (plus a 30-day grace period, usually) will get Live 10 free. If you bought Live 9 before that you have to pay to upgrade.
Unsound Designer

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:14 pm

hippo_o_matic wrote:Does it mean only people who purchase/upgrade Live 9 in this time period get an upgrade, or is it just a sale on Live 9 with an upgrade to motivate people to buy Live (and anyone who has 9 already gets 10)? Asking because I bought a MIDI that came with Live 9 Lite about a week ago, and was wondering if I should cry because I activated it a week too early.
If you have Live 9 Standard or Suite or Intro you can buy the upgrade discounted until release.
If you don't have either of these you can buy Live 9 before release of 10 and will get a free upgrade to 10 when it's released.
In both cases you can get on the public beta for free ASAP and use that until the release. I'm not sure if there are limitations on how many can be on the beta program.
After the release of 10 the discounts are gone until next sale, and you can use Live 10 as a demo fully for 30 days and after this only for sessions without the saving feature. I don't think the beta prevents demo use. This is assuming nothing changes from previously with how Ableton handles these things.
Live 9 Lite doesn't give you any additional disocunts unfortunately AFAIK, so that's irrelevant.
Make some music!

Calagan

Post by Calagan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:26 am

Hey Stormkraft !

Are you sure that Live Lite doesn't give you any discount for upgrading ?
In my opinion, Live Lite does permit you to upgrade to Live standard or suite, which means for now to upgrade to Live 10 !

Why it would not be possible ?

Hippomatic, could you log into your user account and tell us what upgrade options you've got ?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:54 am

Calagan wrote:Hey Stormkraft !

In my opinion, Live Lite does permit you to upgrade to Live standard or suite, which means for now to upgrade to Live 10 !

Why it would not be possible ?
Well, you got a point, but I think I perhaps read this in some Ableton post on this. It's certainly possible any Lite version will be upgradeable to Live 10, but I have yet to see any details about this.
Make some music!

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:06 pm

You are absolutely right. You can upgrade Lite 9 to Standard 9 or Suite 9 and at the 20% discount and including a free upgrade to 10.
That's exactly what is shown when I login to my account and select my Lite license that I still have.

Calagan

Post by Calagan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Rivanni wrote:

You are absolutely right. You can upgrade Lite 9 to Standard 9 or Suite 9 and at the 20% discount and including a free upgrade to 10.
That's exactly what is shown when I login to my account and select my Lite license that I still have.

Coool. And how much is it to upgrade from Live 9 lite to Live 9 suite (i.e. to Live 10) ?
I'm quite curious about that because I'm selling a Live 9 Lite license I still didn't associate to my account, and it could be a selling point...