I can't get my Rig Kontrol 3 pedal to work with midi

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
foesofnature

I can't get my Rig Kontrol 3 pedal to work with midi

Post by foesofnature » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:59 pm

I use Ableton Live Standard (up to date) and Guitar Rig 5 (from NI Komplete 11) and yes, these are all purchased and legal versions.

Everything seems to work ok for the most part, but I noticed that when I go to "edit midi" on anything, I cannot map my Rig Kontrol pedal to anything. I have actually been dealing with this for many years now and there have been times when it's worked, but usually it only works for one single Guitar Rig track, and as soon as I add more GR tracks, it stops working.

I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this, or if anyone can suggest ANY OTHER foot pedal midi hardware that will work to simple allow me to control various Live instrument knobs with my foot. All I'm really after is volume control so I can fade my guitar in and out.

foesofnature

Re: I can't get my Rig Kontrol 3 pedal to work with midi

Post by foesofnature » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 pm

I finally solved it after some real focused troubleshooting. Turns out I had to click on the "Show/Hide Rig Kontrol" button in the Guitar Rig interface within Live and then click on the "Connect" button on the pedal when it appears on the bottom. THEN my pedal showed movement when I pressed it up and down. Then I could assign the pedal to a volume pedal.