Effect made with eq8 and lfos

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
n8tron

Effect made with eq8 and lfos

Post by n8tron » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Thought you guys might like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV2TH9_5l9g

braduro

Re: Effect made with eq8 and lfos

Post by braduro » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:58 pm

I really like this. First off it's an economical way of using the LFO. And as you say it nicely offsets the evolution of the drone or pad. What would be interesting I think is if it could also evolve horizontally in the graphic eq. What if there was a scale that moved the boosted frequencies and compressed or spread them out, either uniformly like the scale parameter, or based on shifting the partials you choose? Then you wouldn't need to be as selective about which frequency you were teasing out. When you were going through them there were clearly some interesting choices that as a constraint had to be ruled out.

Angstrom

Re: Effect made with eq8 and lfos

Post by Angstrom » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:41 pm

braduro wrote:I really like this. First off it's an economical way of using the LFO. And as you say it nicely offsets the evolution of the drone or pad. What would be interesting I think is if it could also evolve horizontally in the graphic eq. What if there was a scale that moved the boosted frequencies and compressed or spread them out, either uniformly like the scale parameter, or based on shifting the partials you choose? Then you wouldn't need to be as selective about which frequency you were teasing out. When you were going through them there were clearly some interesting choices that as a constraint had to be ruled out.
To do that I map the Frequencies to a macro, each with a different range. Then map the Lfo to that macro. Congrats, you just made the crappiest formant filter ever ;-)