Using the Boss RC-505 with Ableton Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
joryb

Using the Boss RC-505 with Ableton Live

Post by joryb » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Hello Friends!

Resources on using the RC-505 with Ableton Live are scarce O_o

I'm currently running the RC-505 into my computer using a USB cable. I can then record into ableton by creating a connected audio track, but I have to monitor through the RC-505 directly. This works fine, but I was hoping to monitor through my computer.

When running the sound out from the computer (input RC-505, output Built in Mics in preferences) and turning the monitor on for the track...I receive feedback through my headphones. Any thoughts?

Running the RC-505 into something like a Scarlett might solve this?

Jory

badly born droid

Re: Using the Boss RC-505 with Ableton Live

Post by badly born droid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:43 am

Mines connected via usb, Ive got my audio output set to rc-505 (not built in) and it sounds great

you can then connect the headophopnes or monitors to the output of the rc505.

Now - I want to set up slave/master midi control. preferably the rc505 mastering ableton.
Can you find any docs?

ChironControl

Post by ChironControl » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:44 pm

joryb wrote:Hello Friends!

Resources on using the RC-505 with Ableton Live are scarce O_o

I'm currently running the RC-505 into my computer using a USB cable. I can then record into ableton by creating a connected audio track, but I have to monitor through the RC-505 directly. This works fine, but I was hoping to monitor through my computer.

When running the sound out from the computer (input RC-505, output Built in Mics in preferences) and turning the monitor on for the track...I receive feedback through my headphones. Any thoughts?

Running the RC-505 into something like a Scarlett might solve this?

Jory
There is a setting in the RC-505 to turn input on and off. That could help.

Here is a description:
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... ut-switch/

Jelma

Post by Jelma » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Hey guys! Would you have some time and patience to explain to a newbie how do you connect Boss rc-505 as an audio interface in Ableton Live please? I've browsed and browsed Google in search for answer, unsuccessfully though.
Thanks in advance!

synthjones

Post by synthjones » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:15 pm

ChironControl had it close - I tried that but it still wasn't getting rid of the tone I was hearing through the USB in.

What worked for me is to hit the System button on the RC-505 and hit the > right button until you see "Sys: USB IN Level". That should be automatically set to 100.

Scroll that baby all the way down to 0 and you shouldn't hear any more feedback (hopefully). The mic output from the RC-505 should still be able to be received in Ableton.

Let me know if that works for ya.