Izotope O8N2 not fully supported in Ableton Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SvenH

Izotope O8N2 not fully supported in Ableton Live

Post by SvenH » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:02 am

I am in the process of trialling Izotopes latest bundle. One of the products that caught my eyes the most is tonal balance:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mas ... ntrol.html

I like the idea of instant access to reference spectrums without actually having to listen to the references! And also to get the average of several reference tracks!

Having downloaded the trial, I could not find the "tonal balance" plugin in Ableton Live. After some "problem debugging" I found out that this plugin is not available as VST2! :( Strange, because all their other plugins seems to be...

I e-mailed Izotope and they verified that there is currently no VST2 version of tonal balance, but did not give any explanation as to why.

ash1

Re: Izotope O8N2 not fully supported in Ableton Live

Post by ash1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:43 am

i have the demo working fine as a vst2

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:52 am

ash1 wrote:i have the demo working fine as a vst2
Demo of what? The "Tonal Balance" part specifically?

cfr

Post by cfr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:25 pm

i have the advanced versions and tonal balance is available and working fine in ableton. in the past seperate vst modules werent available for the standard version. are you demoing the standard or advanced?

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:32 pm

cfr wrote:i have the advanced versions and tonal balance is available and working fine in ableton. in the past seperate vst modules werent available for the standard version. are you demoing the standard or advanced?
I actually bought the music production suite, so I guess that would give me the advanced versions. (I want the Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 anyway.)

But it is strange that my installer does not contain "Tonal Balance Control.vst2". If you are on 64 bit Windows, could you locate that file and e-mail it to me?

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:55 pm

I actually got the missing dlls from a kind guy now and it seems to work (nothing illegal about this, as I already paid for everything). It is strange that my installer installed all the files except for the tonal balance.

What is even more strange though, is that Izotope confirmed that there is no VST2-version of Tonal Balance...

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:26 pm

SvenH wrote:I actually got the missing dlls from a kind guy now and it seems to work (nothing illegal about this, as I already paid for everything). It is strange that my installer installed all the files except for the tonal balance.

What is even more strange though, is that Izotope confirmed that there is no VST2-version of Tonal Balance...
Did you even try iZotope support. Seems to me that would be the first place to try since you paid for the product/support.

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:00 am

jestermgee wrote:
SvenH wrote:I actually got the missing dlls from a kind guy now and it seems to work (nothing illegal about this, as I already paid for everything). It is strange that my installer installed all the files except for the tonal balance.

Did you even try iZotope support. Seems to me that would be the first place to try since you paid for the product/support.
To summarize - I know now that my first statement in this thread is erroneous so let me correct this:

TONAL BALANCE WORKS IN ABLETON LIVE!

After discussions in another internet forum, one guy was friendly to send me the dlls needed to run tonal balance in Live (obviously VST2 version). I apologize if it seems as if I have spread disinformation. I can still warn about these facts:

* For some reason, the complete downloadable Music Production Suite installer for Windows (1.25 Gb) is obviously not perfect! It may work on some systems, but not fully on mine. I ran it twice and it left out the VST2-version of tonal balance both times.

* Izotope customer support obviously can give completely wrong answer, not knowing their own products.

Despite these issues, I still think they make great products, I just wanted to add these info to others possibly experiencing similar problems.

All the best,
Sven

Mach13

Post by Mach13 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Came across this thread as I was searching on a similar issue. I have just bought N2 & O8. O8 operates as a standalone product and I found on my win 10 pc that the tonal balance control is missing as a plugin although my Daw (I'm now using Cakewalks Sonar- Soz) does have it available.
It might help to know that I've found the plugin sits under C:Progfiles/steinberg/VstPlugins and C:Progfiles(x86)/steinberg/VstPlugins. So when the issue occurred on my laptop i was able to get the app the find the vst by adding a plugin nav route in O8's plugin settings.

But when I did the same fix for my PC, (even tho the plugins are on the installed on the drive in the same way. It still doesn't appear in O8 standalone prog...Go figure? Have messaged Izotope support so i'm hoping for a solution soon.

Hope this is of some use..

seepage87

Post by seepage87 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:28 am

I have the same proble. I own music production suite, and no tonal balance control. It appears to be installed on my system, but the dll file is not in my vst directory.

seepage87

Post by seepage87 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:30 am

I have the same proble. I own music production suite, and no tonal balance control. It appears to be installed on my system, but the dll file is not in my vst directory.