Komplete kontrol mk2 POS

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rasaban

Komplete kontrol mk2 POS

Post by rasaban » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:51 am

Been reading,checking on line videos. So I go down to GC and picked up the komplete kontrol 49 mk2.
It does not work with ableton .....NI claims it works with ableton....Transport controls,didn't work, VST support is timid and load time is awful.
I got all the correct drivers and setup software (what a clusterf%#×). Worked on setup for almost 8+hrs. This is a wack controller, no user guide , no quick start,no power supply, slow loading...push2 is way Faster,easier to use.
So the komplete 49 mk2 is back where it belongs...... Guitar Center.
If you get one ....buyer beware. :mrgreen:
Ryzen 5 20g mem 500g sata ssd 500g nvme ssd Push 2
I7 Win 10 laptop,16g mem, 500g SSD, Live Suite 10.0.1 ,U-he Ace,Hive Zebra,SynthMaster Synthmaster One, AVP Avenger
Most of the Sonic Faction: Tricky Traps,Polytek,Dope Matrix etc.

jestermgee

Re: Komplete kontrol mk2 POS

Post by jestermgee » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm

The MK2 needs a little more development in all honesty BUT the Komplete Kontrol software is pretty reliable and quite fast loading. not sure what you had issues with but I have used KK software way more for getting sounds and ideas down than Push mainly because of the tag based browser. The new preview feature makes this even quicker allowing quick scrolling through sounds then load the preset.

I've just started making sound previews for my NKS browser packs for Omnisphere, Korg Legacy and others I have been maintaining and it's been a blast.

From what I have seen so far, Ableton is one of the few DAWs that has proper integration so it should have been working for you, but different people seem to have different experiences. I've been happy for 2 years but am certainly waiting a good 6 months to see how they develop things. Was definitely a rushed release on this one.

larrybones

Post by larrybones » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:47 pm

rasaban wrote:Been reading,checking on line videos. So I go down to GC and picked up the komplete kontrol 49 mk2.
It does not work with ableton .....NI claims it works with ableton....Transport controls,didn't work, VST support is timid and load time is awful.
I got all the correct drivers and setup software (what a clusterf%#×). Worked on setup for almost 8+hrs. This is a wack controller, no user guide , no quick start,no power supply, slow loading...push2 is way Faster,easier to use.
You may have gotten a bad unit or there may be something unique about your set up somehow. I had none of these issues and have heard nothing but good things about the MK2 with Live. Set up was literally just moving a couple files and making a couple selections in preferences.

MK2 is just a controller, it shouldn't have anything to do with VST load time etc

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Yeah, I had a 49, and mine worked fine. I did take it back, though, the cost of the keyboard and how I was using it ate away at me!

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:52 pm

rasaban wrote:Been reading,checking on line videos. So I go down to GC and picked up the komplete kontrol 49 mk2.
It does work very well within Ableton, same as all suppliers these days user guides are online, komplete Kontrol software loads fast, solid and reliable (even the beta I am using), NI dont advertise it with power supply as it isnt required.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P